Second babies??

number2

Reaction score
So I'm 39+3, I am really hoping this baby comes in the next couple of days, but I am starting to think maybe not. Maybe he'll be late, and if he doesn't come out on his own I'll have to be induced on my DS1's first day at school. Not handy! OH has gone on paternity leave now, so he'd have to go back to work when I'm being induced.

All in all Im starting to worry!

DS1 was 1 day early, so just assumed this one would be a week early or something, but the 2 pregnancies have been so different.

So what are peoples stats? All Ive heard is second is always earlier, except one friend who was a week early with first, and induced with her second.

Hmm, difficult to say really! My first was one week early and my 2nd was 4 weeks early. Babies are unpredictable little things I!

Have you tried all the things to help naturally induce labour? Perhaps now hubby is home you can do a bit more you know :whistle:

I was hoping 2nd babies are earlier but my friend gave birth to her 2nd today but was 12 days late!! Hope your LO makes an appearance soon x x

Im walking each day, but its killing my massive swollen feet. I know a lot of women on here and in the world say about these other things (pineapples, tea, balls etc) but I have to say Im pessimistic when it comes to that stuff! We tried a bit of BDing last night, but hasn't helped!
Maybe I have to accept its totally random, and something we can't predict or rely on. Bummer!

I tried the lot and it was when I relaxed and tried NOT to get the baby out that my labour started :) I hope your LO comes soon xx

My 1st baby was 4 days early,my 2nd was 5 days late and my 3rd was 2 days early,I think they just come wen they're cooked lol x x

My first well over and had to be induced and my second three days late but pains started on due date - hubby has it in his head I will have this one before I reach dd and he is getting all excited the nutter! Lol x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my 1st was 10days late and 2nd was bang on time! i know a lot of people that have had early 1st babies and late 2nd ones tho! i agree with febmum aswell tho, when you stop thinking about it, they comee!! hope it happens soon for you xx

Aw thanks girls, Im trying my best to stop thinking every damn twinge and little pain is it starting!
The only thing I've managed to think of is if they are late, they'll be the oldest in their year at school if born after 1st September, so hopefully a bit ahead of the crowd!

DS1 was due on a Monday, and labour started the Saturday night before hand, and he was born Sunday morning.
So if this baby wants to be a copycat, it would be tonight. Fat chance I reckon! All is being blamed on OH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back