induction date booked

mel33

Reaction score
Hi all. I haven't been on here for a while but I am 36 wks finally. I'm in so much pain with Spd i can't wait for it to be over. anyway i have my induction date booked for 13th september, i'll be 39 wks, but because my youngest son has leukeamia we are storing the blood from the cord of this baby if he is a match incase my youngest needs a bone marrow transplant, and since collection can only be done on a week day (which i find weird) i am getting induced. i am excited that i will be having this baby sooner but wanted to avoid being induced. i was induced with my second and much preferred my third labour where i wasn't.

anyway i thought i would share.

i hope all you wonderful ladies are well. x

That's good you have a proper date and know it's only three weeks until your SPD will improve. Sorry to hear about your son, cant imagine how hard your pregnancy must have been with all this going on, really hope you get a match x

Good news that you have an induction date. Sorry to hear about you youngest son but hope the blood is a match for you xxx

That's good you have a proper date and know it's only three weeks until your SPD will improve. Sorry to hear about your son, cant imagine how hard your pregnancy must have been with all this going on, really hope you get a match x

WSS^ :hug:

Last edited:
Really hope you get a match and best of luck with everything xxxx

Welcome back, you are being extremely brave with all you have on your plate!
I'm in Italy so not much help but maybe you could write a separate thread about cord donation for the ladies in your area...you never know.
I have to admit I don't know much about it or what the possibilities of a non-family member's cord matching your son's needs are but maybe it could help someone else in the future.
I'd happily donate my child's umbilical cord if I thought it might help another child's.
I have a friend who had Lukemia (but at 45) angle I know how hard it was for him.

thanks ladies. I have mentioned cord donation in previous posts. Unfortunately because of costs not few hospitals actually collect it. But by donating the umbilical cord it could save a persons life and considering it would be going in the bin it makes sense to donate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back