induction at 38 weeks??

littlesmoosh

Reaction score
yesterday i wrote about how im having a miserable time and wish i would go early. ive been having a think and am thinking about asking my midwife if i can be induced at 38 weeks as my pregnancy hormones are causing alot of trouble with my mouth. i cant even eat without bleeding all over my food. not nice at all. what do you think my chances of getting induced early are? ive read on google that some women need to get induced early for various reasons anyway so hoping she will allow it. has anyone had any experience with this? x

Sorry you're having a miserable time. :(

I don't think there is much chance, although obviously I'm no expert. As far as I'm aware, they try and leave you for as long as possible, unless baby is in danger. The safest place for baby is in mummy's tummy!
There are a couple of ladies on here that are being booked in early for C sections, and even then they are being left until 39 weeks, not 38.
It's worth asking though, you have nothing to lose! xx

I'd just mention it to her hun, like Kirsty said u have nothing to lose!xxx

Usually they will only induce if there is risk to the baby or yourself - The leave women with SPD etc who are in agony as there is no long term risk etc - they leave baby where they are as long as possible and you have to manage the symptoms being caused.

Have you tried meal replacement drinks such as build-up etc you could drink with a straw maybe? sounds pretty horrendous.

but as said by last poster, it's worth asking..nothing to loose.

You can ask but i doubt it tbh. i am booked in for a section for 38+6 because baby is breech

You poor poor soul. Turn on the water works (I'm sure you don't need to try too hard) and beg, you've got nothing to lose. Huge hugs to you. Stay strong and the time will fly past. Good luck xx

I understand why you want the pregnancy over hun, I have been so unwell with this one, I'm so run down and constantly tired and over emotional from it all, as well the illnesses, mentally it's taking it's toll now. If you can bare it for as long as possible and wait for your body to go naturally though it will be so much better. Forced labour is not good, not that labour is a walk in the park lol, but induction is not fun! I have said I'll refuse induction this time, even though I'm desperate for this baby to be born so I can have my body back, I will wait til my body evicts her or have a section! The most I will accept induction wise is pessary to soften the cervix, if that fails section it is!

Sorry that you are having a bad time of it, totally empathise with you hun.

:hug:

My twins were induced at 37+6 because I was in agony suffered spd all you can do is ask x

Eta-- it was my consultant that said yes for induction and booked it the midwife I saw 5 mins before said no way!

Last edited:
My mother says if you don;t ask you don;t get so it's worth asking everytime :)

I think they will probably say no though :( sorry your in so much pain honey xxx

thanks girls! im just scared if this thing gets any bigger then i wont actually be able to eat by the time the babys due. its getting bigger and covering my whole front tooth now and showing no signs to stop growing. :( im actually really enjoying being pregnant, its just my mouth thats not lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back