Second babies faster learners?

MrsR

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how true this is for everyone? I know personally Sebastian is doing things a heck of a lot quicker! He's rolling fluently, babbling loads since about 9 weeks, smiled sooner and is now starting to get frustrated about not being able to crawl, he's trying, and has always gad brilliant head control. He's also a lot more interested in EVERYTHING and studies everything intently than DD did. So is this the difference between first and second children, the difference between girls and boys or just the difference between children in general?

As you know Charleys rolling over alot sooner than Lacey. She was 16 weeks when she 1st rolled over and charley was 9 weeks and today he's been constantly rolling over!
My mum said my brother did things alot quicker than me apart from potty training, I beat him there!!
Will be intresting to see in afew months if charley does things alot sooner than Lacey x x

Yeah it was actually hearing your experience that made me think it wasn't just Seb that was doing things a heck of a lot faster!

I always thought girls were faster learners...seems not!

All mine have been different. My first was really fast at learning things. My 2nd wasn't though...not too late but a little later than average i think. He was born 4 weeks early though so not sure if that had anything to do with it? Drake is a lot more chatty than my other 2 were and is so so inquisitive...he really pays attention to detail! He's not rolling over yet though like yours but he hasn't really had the opportunity as when he lies down on the floor he's on his changing mat so can't really go anywhere! Will try him out on a blanket in the next few days and see how he goes i think.

Charley has only rolled over on his changing mat, he doesn't like lying on anything else. He's only just started babbling, he normally just coo's but when he does babble he sounds like a girl! Lol
Charleys got a tongue tie and my mw and hv said he might have difficulty talking! I did get offered to have it cut but to me he was born with it so it's part of him so we're see if it does cause problems.
I can't wait for him to say mummy! :)

Charley has only rolled over on his changing mat, he doesn't like lying on anything else. He's only just started babbling, he normally just coo's but when he does babble he sounds like a girl! Lol
Charleys got a tongue tie and my mw and hv said he might have difficulty talking! I did get offered to have it cut but to me he was born with it so it's part of him so we're see if it does cause problems.
I can't wait for him to say mummy! :)

somebody from the hospital is coming to see dolly on wednesday to make sure she isnt tougue tied as she dribbles all the time and is always wet off it but she has all her teeth so they think she shouldnt be dribbling that much at her age but waiting for a app for months.
Can you tell charlie is tonge tied yourself?
I have looked in dolly's mouth but I dunno what I'm looking for

The only way I can tell is he doesn't stick is Tongue out far other than that I wouldn't know he had it. They said it'll cause problems with bf but I didn't do that so that's fine and speech.

The only way I can tell is he doesn't stick is Tongue out far other than that I wouldn't know he had it. They said it'll cause problems with bf but I didn't do that so that's fine and speech.
thanks I will have to wait and see what the say her speech is fab for her age.
But if she gets her pj's on 6pm she would have to change her top before she got into bed as it would just be socked in dribble and she 3 in april

I think it's nice that you're leaving Charley as he is x I went to school with a girl who was Tongue tied and her speech was fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back