Swimming in the sea?

coco_cukoo

Reaction score
Hello! This is probably a really stupid question but I'm unsure... I'm getting married in about 3 weeks in Dorset and wondered if it's going to be dangerous at all to swim in the sea? I'll be there for a week and cannot NOT go in the sea cos I usually spend the whole week in there!
I don't know why it would but it would be freezing - that wouldn't affect LO would it? The water is nice & blue so I don't think it's too dirty compared to up North where you have brown/grey sea, ergh! Any ideas anyone? xx

I'm not sure about this one. My MW advised me not to get my bump cold during the winter months and I doubt that the sea water temperature is anywhere near warm, if it were the med I'd probably say it'll be ok but I personally wouldnt risk as as there is little body fat on our LO's at the moment so they have no way of regulating their body temperatures - hence not having hot baths.

If you are happy just to wade or paddle then that would be better as there isnt much between your LO and the outside, certainly nothing like a wetsuit.
xx

Thank you! Yeah that's what I've been worrying about. My wetsuit certainly won't be fitting me this year so it would just be a swimming costume & t shirt to shade me from the sun. If I get freezing I'm sure he would too... Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back