screaming :/

mrz85

Reaction score
2nite i was at the hospital and most of the women where in stages of labour i guess ! anyway one woman screamed the place down!!!! she screamed and screamed !!! It was not a nice experince i must say

Where you visiting the labour ward? That must have felt really surreal. This is my first baby so I don't know how I'll react in labour but I've never been a big fan of screaming and don't understand it. Perhaps it's a pain release though??

My sister was a mare for screaming whilst she had hers, I was there for 3 of them and every time she was like a banshee :)

Now don;t get me wrong I am sure that labour is going to hurt however my sister is also a drama queen :) (I'm lovely aren;t I??)

I imagine if you are informed about your choices of pain relief before you go in it's not as bad as that, women do it everyday, millions of babies are born everyday, if it was that bad why would we keep doing it??

xxxx

There is lots of screaming that goes on in delivery suite. The pain gets to a level where you can't help but vocalise lol x

I screamed, it bloody hurt! Took me a while to figure out it was me screaming too!

It is extremely painful, you can't begin to imagine the pain but you get through it. And yes you do do it again, but not because it didn't hurt lol
I'm dreading it! x

There was a lady in the room next to me who sounded like she was a recording on repeat. Made the same loud noises every contraction but not quite screaming.

I was silent during my labour until I was about 9/10cm where I moaned because you physically can't control the noises you make. I guess some ladies noises are more of a scream than a moan.

You never know the noises you'll make until you get there!

I so hope I'm not a screamer! Lol I want to try and be silent but who jnows

It really annoys me when watching women in labour screaming at the top of their lungs.
That being said, I've not done it yet lol.

When my SIL went into labour, she said the women on either side of her were screaming like lunatics and she was petrified and cried saying she didn't want to go through with it lol.
But she didn't scream. She just had gas and air, they used forceps and she needed heaps of stitches, but no screaming.

I'm not much of a screamer anyway, so here's hoping I just moan a bit lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I remember watching a particular episode of OBEM (it must have been an old one as I don't watch it anymore) and this woman just screamed and screamed and screamed.

In the end even her MW told her to calm down as she was scaring other patients (or something to that effect!!)

I understand we're not going to be mute but I think screaming like you are being murdered isn't going to help anyone, especially the other poor ladies in labour :shock:

Screaming has no physiologicial benefits in labour? I think pain relief, listening to your MW and practicing some breathing techniques will be much more helpful

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
loooool

You'll see why when you go into labour.

I screamed alright, even though I promised myself i wouldn't as didn't want to be seen to be a drama queen. Everything goes out the window. EVERYTHING looool

The pain gets to a level where you cant control it, like a truck running over your pelvis.

xxxxxxxx

I remember watching a particular episode of OBEM (it must have been an old one as I don't watch it anymore) and this woman just screamed and screamed and screamed.

In the end even her MW told her to calm down as she was scaring other patients (or something to that effect!!)

I understand we're not going to be mute but I think screaming like you are being murdered isn't going to help anyone, especially the other poor ladies in labour :shock:

Screaming has no physiologicial benefits in labour? I think pain relief, listening to your MW and practicing some breathing techniques will be much more helpful

xxxxxxxx

But it feels like your being murdered, I actually said to the MW I think i'm gonna die. With my 1st I had loads of drugs & didn't scream as much, but still a wee bit

xxxxx

When I was in the induction ward we could hear the ladies in the delivery suites screaming. Oh and I were laughing saying they need to get a grip. Fast forward to my labour a day later, I was screaming with the best of them! You can't help it. When the pain hits, If screaming helps you get through it then scream away!

I worked on a labour ward & in 6 months only heard 1 woman scream - complete opposite of what I thought it would be lol x

every time i have gone into hospital with any of mine there have aways been screamers!!

dont get me wrong its bloody painful and even more intense with induction but screamin just wastes ur energy!! i never screamed or swore (which i can do a lot of when pissed off) just never felt the need to scream i just focused on my breathing or gettin through the contraction was my main priority not screaming!! but i suppose it all depends on the individual and how they cope with pain, im pretty good with pain so could be the reason i dont scream but there are a lot people that cant cope with any type of pain so if screaming is gonna help to get them through so be it :) xx

I never got past 5cms and had an emergency section but I barely made a muffle. I said ow a few but contractions made me go quiet (they really REALLY hurt tho) it would be interesting to know how I would've reacted further in. Don't get me wrong i did have an epidural! Im just not a noisemaker. I get annoyed with people who are screaming at 1-3 cms. Save your ruddy energy!!

i hope i dont scream but we ll c ..i bet the woman had no voice left after the screaming though lol

I didn't make a sound until my waters broke at 5cm. Then it started to really hurt!!! I was kind of groaning then between the gas and air. I expect the screaming bit might have come at the end when you push but I had an assisted delivery with a spinal block

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back