Tantrums!!!

Tina & Gabs

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, what a weird day I have had.
My lovely daughter has gone from being happy and smiling to screaming the house down within seconds!!!

DH was eating a packet of crisps and she wanted the packet (she likes the noise) and because she couldn't get it she screamed!!!!!

We had 2 other ocassions today where she just screamed and screamed; it really was as if she was having a tantrum; I have never heard her scream like that before. She stops just as easy though.

She is definitely a strong little character and knows what she wants.

Katt, I think she is trying to steal Leorah's diva crown :rotfl: :rotfl:

Arianna is exactly the same.... she soon lets you know if she's not amused!! But I have found if it's just a tantrum to laugh back at her and within seconds she giggling again!! :roll:

He he, yes generally when I laugh at Gabriella she laughs back but sometimes she is too into the tantrum :roll:

Oh dear sounds like someone is growning up and wanting to get her own way :lol: ! Cheeky little monkey, what can you do hey :think: .
I get that went I'm not in Otis's line of vision, at times (well most of the time) he'll start moaning and crying!!! So I spend most of my day singing nursery rhymes so he can hear me - not that it does much good, hmmm or could he just be telling me to stop the singing!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Ooh feisty Gabriella!! Leorah wont laugh back either when in a tantrum, it just makes her worst! I can start singing her song "Close to You" by The Carpenters and she'll usually stop all I have to say is "why...do birds suddenly appear" and she is all smiles.

Leorah has always been a tantrum head but now she gets in such a rage if she doen't get her own way! If our dog gets bored and walks off she goes mad. Poor Princess, we will have to teach her to jump the door gate when Leorah is on the move or she wont get any peace! From Leorah's point of view what a great teddy, it moves and makes sounds and flops it's tongue out when you tickle it's belly none of the others do that :lol:

Thankfully Leorah has many new sounds in her vocab now apart from shrieking and crying. She does not stop all day and makes sounds like the old batman series where the words come on the screen, her faves are EEEEEYAAAAH, MAAAAAA and YOWW!! It's hard when you think you are catching her before she fully wakes at 6am so you can put her in your bed and get some more zeds and she starts her kapow repetoir :lol:

yes their vocab is great now isn't it!!! :shock: So loud and sometimes so early in the morning as well!
Eventhough Otis and I had fun this evening lying on his playmat seeing who could screech the loudest! We must have made a right old racket :lol: !
It more fun now that you can actually interact more with them.
Tina any update on Garbriella, she still screeching? I say if you can't beat them just join 'em!

Lol sorry hunny have to laugh Alfie has huge big massive hissy fits too, mainly when we try put his coat on or put him in his pushchair, and strap him in! the first time i was like omg is he ok, but there was no tears just ear piercing screams! i tried evrything, juice etc, toys nope, then today i was tryong to get hm in the pram ready to go and i thought i cant be doing this today so i got my phone played my ringtone (smack that by akon :oops: which alfie loves) and it was like a doddle! i kept doing it all day and i thought omg if im out and he starts will i have to do it, mind you id rather hear the song than alfie throwing the mother of all tantrums,
skatty alfie is so much like leorah and i cant laugh at him if hes tantrumming he gets even more offended, ... how very dare you mother laugh at me cant you see im angry! this is not a laughing matter!

Daggers; she had a screaming fit today because I wasn't quick enough getting the booby out for her feed (fair play to her :D ) but apart from that she has been very happy. She does squeal and screech a lot and it's hilarious! She now giggles as well; I love it! What a fun age this is.

Our babies are so strong minded.

:rotfl: :rotfl: Awww Step, how funny is Alfie :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: it sounds awful but i do laugh at him when he has a kick off, me and ian had to keep passing him to each other not so long ago cause if you laugh he gets reallllly annoyed so i was crying laughing and he was bawling and ian was trying to keep a straight face too. this age is hilarious but my GOD! they certainly know exactly what they want and how to get it!

:lol: Aren't our babes great at the min!!

LOL your poor OH Dags with two babies screeching on the mat :rotfl:

Stef you are right Alfie and Leorah do sound similar. The other week Leorah did a huge sneeze and ended up with snot all over her face and had a real surprised look on her face. I started laughing and she had the biggest tantrum I've ever heard as if to say how dare you laugh at my humiliation :lol:

The giggling is great isn't it Tina? I took Leorah to the library the other day and she giggled so hard and loud at the hand puppets that everyone kept looking over. Thankfully they all thought it was cute :D

We're just starting this I think.

Connor has gone from the lovely little newborn mewing cries to the full blown, fists waving, red in the face screaming!!

he's only done it once or twice, but it's brought us running both times!!

I feel sorry for the neighbours!!!

this is hilarious i ams eriously glad im not the only one with a stroppy 6 month going on 16yr old baby! today we had again really bad tantrums and im now passed the oh my poor little man what is wrong stage i just gave him a look as if to say "carry on!" he threw his fists, threw himself back (was in his highchair) rocked back and forth and screeched so loud his face went really purple, i walked off to make a drink and thought nope im not rising to it, he isnt getting his own way not this time, as soon as i walked off he made a "hummmmmmmmmmmm" noise sighed and sniffled a bit and turned to watch tv i came back in said "finished" got a big grin a screech and he finished his chicken! obviously im not going to let him go too long but i think as long as i keep letting him get his opwn way he will be more of a monkey than he is. i think all these aug/sept/oct/nov bubs are certaineately spirited children!

:rotfl: You are so right, we do have a right feisty, spirited bunch and its always the same little monkeys over and over causing their mum's stress!! I actually used to think there may be something wrong with Leorah as next to the laid back danish babies she is so demanding so I read up on spirited babies and they are supposed to be very intelligent and make very interesting toddlers and children with their thirst for infomation and great imaginations so I guess we will all have great stories to tell each other for years to come :hug:

I have a question. Since Leorah's vocab has increased to babbling and other sounds she is waking in the night talking. I go in to see her and she is really tired and doesn't want a feed but doesn't seem to know where the off switch is. I know when babies start standing up it can wake them, can all this babbling too? It's tiring because as long as she is awake I am too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back