Katie Holmes.....

violet-glow

Reaction score
.....I had to laugh when I saw on the news just before her due date that she was going to go for a silent birth and no drugs... I turned to my OH and just burst out laughing. It was obvious that she had neva been through labour before..... I think it would be seriously hard for any woman to be silent as specially ur first time round. I screamed the place down and sucked hard on my gas and air lol...

It was nice to see that Katie holmes screamed the place down aswell... I think its good for women and it lets the men know that it hurts and that were gonna kill them for putting us through it lol

Jo xx

did she scream did she?
so she didnt go ahead with the silent birth PMSL

she had her girl the same day i had Harley :dance:

ur kids are adorable.... and one of each ...i hope im that lucky :pray:
I hope its a girl ive only thought of girls names :? hehe

xx

I thought that she had to have a silent birth cos of the cult thing that Tom Cruise is a part of, hilarious if she didn't go through with it, PMSL too!!!!!

Xxx

This was one of those things the media got hold of and blow out proportion. i saw an interview with tom cruise just before the birth and he said the mother can make as much noise as she likes, its everyone one else around her that should be respectful of her and maintain a quiet and peaceful environment.

i thought it sounded nice - unlike most of our labours where you seem to have half the hospital in and out to ask your midwife or doctor questions :x "do you mind people i'm trying to give birth here!"

i saw that interview. That was exactly how he put it. I think in some places its common to have the whole family in the room which quite frankly i would not be allowing.

i never screamed once during the birth of any of mine. The midwives couldn't believe how quiet i was! My mum was the same. I hate making a fiss over things.

I was the same Budge, hardly made a peep. What a wasted oppertunity to scream obsenities at OH.

Me too - quiet as a mouse, but when I got the blood clot afterwards I was screaming the hospital down.

Perhaps if I hadn't had any pain relief I would have been screaming during the labour...

i did nothing but scream in the last stages esp when they were trying to rotate matthews head. That was after we had heard someone else screaming in another room and i was going 'ooo i;m not going to scream......'

dont you worry girls, for everyone on here that didnt scream..il scream for ya and some more..im shit with pain..should see me if i get constipated sorry for tmi lol...i nearly die with agony i cry my eyes out lol...i do get bad stomach aches with it though..i have a very low pain threshold...very very low

cas xx

you might surprise yourself cassi - just take it as it comes and dont be too brave about it - there is pain relief there if you need it! i would kiss the feet of whoever invented the epidural if i ever met them, they are a god in my eyes!

my dh said i made more noise having my first poo (sorry tmi :oops: ) after the birth! no gas and air or epidural available for that :lol:

x

i'm a screamer too :oops: when it comes to labour, 1 of my closest friends had 2 kids & didn't make a single sound! :!:

thinking back to both my births i swore a lot too, at the midwifes!! :wink:
i said sorry after though :angel:

On my first I had two midwifes that had neva delivered a baby before. I kept shouting at them alot coz they were patting me on the back alot lol Then they came in with one of those giant exercise balls.... I just looked at my mum and asked what the hell I was meant to do with that lol Had to laugh at the midwife that delivered my son tho ...he came out and she creid 'its a baby' lol my mum said 'well wot did u think it was going to be?' lol

I gave them both a hug afterwards and said sorry for being a pain :)

xxx

ooo all you screamers! LOL

i remember having my first baby and hearing a woman next door screaming so i asked the midwife for some cotton wool to stuff in my ears :lol: . The midwife obliged and told me that the girl was only 3 cm dilated and pumped up with pethadine!

:roll:

i didnt realli scream i was just crying the whole way through make sure the baby is ok as B's heart beat dropped to 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back