~*~* SCOTTISH MEET OPTIONS*~*~

SarahH

Reaction score
Right, since the last post proved most people would prefer a day out rather than a weekend stay somewhere and most were prefering to go to Edinburgh areas... how about these options...

Deep Sea World, North Queensferry - Easy to get to by Car, or Train (Not sure about bus :think: )

Edinburgh Zoo (still trying to find out about transport links as I don't know the area very well!)

Still looking at other places, these are just my first suggestions..

Deep sea world sounds good :D

I wouldn't be able to go to the zoo because of all the hills :( I can't really walk very far at all now. Queue violins playing a sad song :D

kalia said:
Deep sea world sounds good :D

I wouldn't be able to go to the zoo because of all the hills :( I can't really walk very far at all now. Queue violins playing a sad song :D

Well I wasn't sure about the zoo as I know there is a whole lot of hills and there would be a whole lot of pechin' Mummy's pushing buggies up them! :lol:

Any other ideas are welcome?!?!?!

when is this going to be roughly?

I haven't been to Deep Sea World for ages!

blair drummond would be fab, but not sure about train stations etc..

Hi everyone,

I'm really looking forward to this!

Unless its at a weekend, I'll be on public transport from the wilds of the Lothians, so anywhere near public transport would be best for us - I didn't know the trains went to Deep Sea World, but if they do, this would be perfect for us.

I have a close contact at Dynamic Earth so could maybe get us some cheap tickets or money off the cafe? This is fairly easy to get to for me (train then walking).

I like the idea of Discovery Point in Dundee again as its so close to the train station.

Haymarket station is the closest to the zoo, but it would involve getting a bus after the train (but very easy journey, just a few stops along a straight road).

So to conclude, my choices from listed above would be:-

1. Deep Sea World
2. Dynamic Earth
3. Discovery Point
4. Zoo (also hating the idea of the big hill!)

Thanks for arranging this Sarah!

Valentine Xxx

Have you been to Deep Sea world before?

You would get off the train the stop before the Forth Rail Bridge (or after in your case :wink: ) and then it is just a short (I mean short!) walk down the wee slope to the centre.

Excuse my ignorance... but I have never heard of Dynamic Earth :think:

I haven't been to Discovey Point in Dundee since I was at school and it wasnt great then... is it any better now?

valentine said:
Thanks for arranging this Sarah!

Ahhh, tis' ok chick.... buy me a cuppa on the day and we can call it quits!! :rotfl:

Right I emailed both Deep Sea World and Discovery for prices etc.... here are there replies...

Deep Sea World...

We are located 5 min from the railway station down a steep hill. The group cost for a group of fifteen or more is £10 per adult, £7.50 per child and £8.50 for a concession ( student or OAP)

Hope this helps

Discovery...

Many thanks for your enquiry. The nearest local train station is Dundee, which is just across the road from Discovery Point, less than a 5 min walk. Admission charges for a group visit are as follows: Group Adult is £6.00 based on a minimum of 15 people. Each multiple of 20 group visitors will attract a free entry. There is a café available within Discovery Point, it has vegetarian options. If you would like to arrange a group visit, please return to me with a date, and estimated time of arrival and I would be happy to send you a booking form.

Is there any more suggestions before I set a poll for the best one?

With regards to Blair Drummond, they are closed until next month so I can't get any info from them.

Any would suit me as I'll be driving!

I'll also be able to pick anyone up on the way from the west coast if that helps!?! Not sure about 2 prams in the car though, might manage two pram frames if we use the car seats!

xxx

Ok I need a map...It'll probs be a weekend stay for me :D ...ohh I hate public transport..I want to go to seaworld and compare it with our crappy aquarium

awww.... are you really wanting to come!! I thought you were just joking the other day! That would be awesome if you could!!

Long journey for you by train tho :shock:

Yayyyy!!!! Any others from down south fancy coming too!! :cheer:

well you know bout me sarah, from our chat last night i might come down if i can drag steve down as well, like i say april is better for me but we can really arrange most time for little holiday and meet you girls up at some point whilst we are down there

speak soon xx :hug: :hug:

SarahH said:
awww.... are you really wanting to come!! I thought you were just joking the other day! That would be awesome if you could!!

Long journey for you by train tho :shock:

Yayyyy!!!! Any others from down south fancy coming too!! :cheer:

I might as well,the parentals have been going on about a weekend trip somewhere anyway :lol: it would be an adventure...we've taken the boat & train to edinburgh before anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back