Scared

brand new

Reaction score
Just been woke up by jack crying. He never does this during the night. Just normally wakes me up by making lots of talking noises and kicking his Moses basket. Went to get him out of his Moses basket and he felt boiling hot. Took his temperature and it was 37.7!! Cue a very panicky mum. Got him out and sponged him down with a cold flannel, sat him in front of the fan. Managed to get it down to 37.1. Still too high for his rgular temperature. Now led here wide awake to afraid to go to sleep in case he has a fit!! X

Last edited:
Have u phones NHS direct Hun may be able to offer some advice or get him seen even if just to reassure mummy x

Have you given him anything like calpol to bring it down? How about a feed or water?

Personally I would ring NHS direct or GP out of hours just to get him checked out.

Eilidh was 37.9 the other night!!! Gave her a cool bath and calpol and it gradually came down...its scary tho! Hope he is better now xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Above 37.5-38 is classed as a fever. You did the right thing getting him up and cooling him down :)
febrile convulsions generally occur in children when theres a sudden rise in temp to above 39c.
So try not to panic! i know thats easier said than done (O had a feberal convulsion 2-3 weeks ago, not sure if you saw the thread, as soon as shes warm now, which is a lot in this weather! i worry ;) )
xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Best thing is a to strip off, cool
Bath and either calpol or nurofen if he's old enough

These will usually take effect pretty quickly

I doubt that NHS direct would tell you to do much more than that.

If any if these didn't make a difference within an hour I'd be giving them a call

How are you and Jack this morning BN? xx

Hey girls . He Is a normal temperature now. I did give him some calpol and he went back to sleep after drinking 30 ml it milk. He does usually take 150ml. But he woke up at 9am full of the joys of spring! All smiley and happy!! Thank u. It's so scary when ur on ur own whilst OH snores his head off !! This is him this morning......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 15
Hey girls . He Is a normal temperature now. I did give him some calpol and he went back to sleep after drinking 30 ml it milk. He does usually take 150ml. But he woke up at 9am full of the joys of spring! All smiley and happy!! Thank u. It's so scary when ur on ur own whilst OH snores his head off !! This is him this morning......

Awww, cheeky boy! Glad all is well :) xx

Just a note...

Be careful when speed-cooling a temperature.

Sponging with cold water/sitting in a breeze will cool the skin, but will also cause the blood vessels just under the skin to narrow, meaning less blood can get to the surface to cool, and warmer blood will be going back to the centre of the body causing internal temperature to rise. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back