moving from moses basket to cot

poochielove

Reaction score
I have noticed Teddy doesnt sleep very well at night due to be so big in his moses basket. One push with his feet at the bottom and his head is right at the top and everytime he moves his arms when he is asleep he hits the sides and wakes himself up :doh: .
Is there any special way of making the move? Do you think the moses basket should go inside the cot to begin with to get him used to it or just plonk him in the cot and be done with it?
I was in two minds on whether to move him over because he looks so tiny in the cot (even tho he looks HUGE in his moses :lol: ) but seeing himself spread his arms about when he laid asleep on his playmat today i think he will prefer it.

zach's starting to look big in his moses basket... but still teeny in his cot!
i always try to lie him in his cot for a few minutes a day so it's not a complete shock for him when i do put him in it, though that's not very useful if you're planning to make the move soon.

charlotte_ said:
zach's starting to look big in his moses basket... but still teeny in his cot!
i always try to lie him in his cot for a few minutes a day so it's not a complete shock for him when i do put him in it, though that's not very useful if you're planning to make the move soon.

I do that too as he loves his winnie the pooh mobile and its a sure fire way of shutting him up for five minutes if all else fails. Hopefully that will have gottem him used to it :pray:

Aimee moved from her moses basket to the cot when she was 7 weeks old. She outgrew it very quickly. The actual move from the basket to the cot was easy. She took to it very well as she had more freedom and slept like a starfish, with her legs and arms spread out.

If you think he'll have problems with the move try putting the basket in the cot for a couple of nights so that he gets used to it where the cot is. We put the cot where the basket was as we built it up the day we put her in it so maybe that is why the move was easier for us.

Sorry I can't be much help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back