Scared to death ! :s

Vicxzy

Reaction score
I ordered a Doppler, it should arrive today & I'm so scared in case I don't find anything!!!??? I'm 12 wks on tue... What do I do if I can't find the heartbeat? Do I ring the midwife? Or my doctor I just dont know? It's an angelsounds says to use from 12 weeks but I know a few ppl who've picked up from 9 or 10 with this one... X

I have never used one myself hun but I know the a few people on here have. Hopefuly they will be able to help you out. x

I couldn't buy one for that exact reason! I'd go insane with worry if I couldn't find the heartbeat!

Hope yours works though! :)

xxx

I couldn't pick Charleys hb up until 13 weeks. I'd leave it afew more weeks so you know your def find it otherwise your worry yourself silly x x

DO NOT STRESS! I thought i found mine but turns out i think its my own and just goes too fast. Not long til your scan hun so please dont worry yourself :) xxx

Even my mw wouldn't listen for the hb tl 16 weeks, so don't panic xx

Shauna I thought it was the babys? Wasn't it 120bpm? x

Midwives advise against buying dopplers because they stress mothers to be out and even midwives can't find the heartbeat sometimes...particularly now because it's so early. Maybe don't use it until later in the pregnancy? Try not to worry.xx

yep it was... but it was mine im gonna ask midwife about it because thats way too fast xxx

I couldn't buy one for that exact reason! I'd go insane with worry if I couldn't find the heartbeat!

Hope yours works though! :)

xxx

I thought about one for in a few weeks when im futher gone but decided against it for these reasons. I would be an absolute nightmare with one of these.

Hope it works well for u, let us know how it goes xxx

Thought i would pop in when i seen this post.

I bought one and have experianced both the pro's and the cons. I heard my angels hb from about 9/10 weeks and listened to it quite often but some days i would struggle as my angel would of moved, so it made me worry when i really shouldnt be.

But later on in my pregnancy it also helped me realise that my angels hb had stopped(sorry for the sad part)

So i think they are great things when you know exactly what you are looking for and are great diagnostic reasons but they are also evil as they can cause worry when its not needed.

My advise would be to put it away till you are further gone but if you are going to use it please try not to get worried x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought i would pop in when i seen this post.

I bought one and have experianced both the pro's and the cons. I heard my angels hb from about 9/10 weeks and listened to it quite often but some days i would struggle as my angel would of moved, so it made me worry when i really shouldnt be.

But later on in my pregnancy it also helped me realise that my angels hb had stopped(sorry for the sad part)

So i think they are great things when you know exactly what you are looking for and are great diagnostic reasons but they are also evil as they can cause worry when its not needed.

My advise would be to put it away till you are further gone but if you are going to use it please try not to get worried x x

:hugs: xxx

I would say wait another few weeks too. I don't have one, I would get too obsessive and worried! And I don't think midwives like them either so I wouldn't want to be calling them if I couldn't find it! Up to you Hun, I just know the worry some of the other girls have had on here
X

I hired one from around 8 weeks, and couldnt find anything - as much as you tell yourself that you wont worry if you dont find it, you will! I then got myself into a right panic, and put it away untill after my scan.
Even after my scan at 13 wks, I still couldnt find it!
Had my mw appt at 16 weeks and she found it, so all is well and fine.

I wouldnt recommend them really, coz I know how much worry it can bring.
Or you may be really lucky, and I can imagine hearing the heartbeat every day brings great reassurance.
Good luck x

I did it, eventually got something but not sure if it was my heart it was faster than adult 60bpm but slower than babys which is supposed to b between 120-150, it's so hard to find! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back