Scared sh**less!

loz

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone else getting more and more scared as time is approaching DD?
I'm starting to panic that I wont cope with labour, that I wont know what to do with my baby to look after her and that I wont be able to breastfeed! Ahhhh!
I had lots of plans about what I wanted to do during mat leave such as read loads of stuff on babies but cant really concentrate and take things in as well so that's not working! I also cant get myself together enough to work out the car seat and pram and how it all works either at the moment!
Anyone else like me or am I being ridiculous?!! :shock:

i was... then the midwife reminded me about epidurals!

as for after the birth... I haven't even thought about it yet- the labour is a mental block! :roll:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
No i must admit i am quite worried about having to look after such a little vunerable baby and thinking am i capable etc etc. I am also worried about not being able to breastfeed as this is something i really want to do, but i will try and not get too worked up about it as as long as i give it my best shot i know i have tried my best if i dont succeed.

As for labour i am not currently feeling anything towards it. Not sure if that is normal or not. I know its going to happen and that its gonna hurt but just dont feel anything about it. I may change as my due date creeps closer but i dont know :?

It's perfectly normal to feel nervous when it's something you haven't been through before.
Once you come out the other side and are holding your baby instinct really does kick in and you'll find you'll just 'know' what to do.

I think it's so much easier the second time around because the fear of the unknown is gone and you know what's going to happen and have ideas in mind of how you will cope.

I am...my panic really is the labour though, i can't wait to become a mum, but the birth process is really worrying me. I really want an epidural, but what worries me even more is them saying i can't or there's no time...so yes..i'm papping it too. Fear of the unknown i think :hug:

Aw noooo Fi, is it really awful, be honest, i'm such a wuss i'm not sure i'll cope? Can u describe what it feels like???

I am poo-ing my pants also! I planned my lil man and I want him to come nowwww but the HAVING him part ahhh! I keep getting braxton hicks, dribbling stuff from my wotsit haha. I think omg is it NOW lol! Its all worth it ladies thats how I see it hehe! :D

It's different for everyone, some have easy labours with no tears or stitches, others find themselves in labour for hours with no progression and have to have an emergency c-section.
It's something thats out of our hands really and you never know whats gonna happen until the big day.
I think it's best to try and stay positive and not worry too much. When you get scared your body tenses up and it makes the contractions harder to deal with.
One thing to focus on is that once the babys out all the pain stops and you'll be too amazed by your baby to care whats just happened. It will be the most amazing momement of your life :hug: :hug:

You're not mad, as others have said, it is perfectly normal to fear the unknown. Try not to let it get to you too much, look at all the people on here who were scared and unsure. They have given birth, come out the other side and are raising their babies brilliantly. You will surprise yourself! You'll be a fantastic mum. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm very scared also, and can't imagine anything past the birth.

I guess I'm unusual in the fact that I'm more scared about having an epidural than not having one! I am petrified of needles, and for me there is a higher chance of it not working. I certainly can't imagine screaming for one. But now I've said that, i'll probably end up doing exactly that!

I haven't really 'prepared' myself for having a baby yet - I have Jo Frost's new book, but haven't got past the first few chapters.

Anna R2B.... you look like the woman out of The Bill in your sig picture... lol x

Ooh do I? Which one, i don't really watch it to be honest... :rotfl:

think her name is Jo- she's the woman DC I think... haven't watched it in a while!

i was a lot more apprehensive/anxious earlier on...now the time is nearly here im more excited than scared...not that ive found out anything about looking after babies!!! but im sure it cant be that hard to work out as you go along....altho i havent really got past the birth in my head yet either

I've waited all my life for a baby and cant wait and it makes me feel like crying (in a good way) when I think about being a mummy, but just am feeling a bit worried about the whole thing and wondering if I'll ever have any energy ever again!!!
I'm sure it'll all be fine and it will come naturally :pray:

AnnaR2B said:
Aw noooo Fi, is it really awful, be honest, i'm such a wuss i'm not sure i'll cope? Can u describe what it feels like???

Anna, don't go by me, I had an awful experience last time (and I'm a complete wuss). I was induced, had to have an epidural, didn't have a very nice midwife and tore pretty badly :(

However, I am trying to stay positive that this time will be a different experience and the things that happened last time might not happen this time.

Even though I didn't have a good experience last time it was worth it cos I'm doing it again (I used to hate it when people said that!)

This is my 2nd too but it may as well be my first as there is a 12 year gap and I have most certainly forgotten what it was like.

I am absolutely terrified of the thought of labour. I am scared of having an epidural and a caesarian (sp).

See i'm sooo scared of the pain, i really fancy the idea of a caesarean or epidural! :shhh:

I'll have an epidural if i really cannot manage. I never had any pain relief when I had George and that wasn't through choice it just all happened too quick established labour was 1hr 43mins :shock: so i'm hoping this time will be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back