Moving less?

wannabmummy

Reaction score
Anyone else get to 37 weeks and their baby stop moving as much. I got to 34 weeks and he chilled out loads on the movement front, but literally for the last couple of days I hardly feel him move at all!! I have to prod him or seriously concentrate for ages to feel the smallest movement!

I get that he is completely squashed in there but didn't realise the movements would drop off this much!!

I was totally about to post something similar!! I'm 37+3 and usually baby is super active (to the point where it can become uncomfortable!). Yesterday and today, I've hardly felt anything and I've really had to concentrate. I don't think it warrants going to get monitored because I do get my 10 movemnets (by prodding etc). Its horrible isn't it!!! X

i was told 2 weeks ago by the consultant that movements should NEVER slow down, if they do you have to go in for monitoring...

this has happened to me a couple of times and hes always been ok- they can just have lazy days :) but id ring your maternity ward and get checked straight away xxxx

were told not to follow the 10 movements idea at my hospital!!! its just as soon as your babys movements differ to normal, so always get checked ladies xxxx

No experience yet- although baby does have quiet days and active days, but surely there is less room in there do movements may not be as noticeable- especially if your doing something else.... If worried obv get checked out! xxxx

I'm not too worried, because I can feel how squished he is and the lack of space he has, but I just don't notice the movement much at all any more, whether it be he has slowed down or I just can't feel it!! Very odd! I might go in to be monitored if he doesn't pick up soon xx

Funnily enough I was thinking the same. I dunno if I frightened him with my choking fit last night but he's definitely having a very quiet day today. He's not due to wake up til about 2 so will give him a while yet but if not I'll ring triage xxxxxxxxx

AJ has moved 3 times that I have felt all day. Tried a bath, laying on my side and eating all normall activators for him but nothing. Now go a cold (icey) drink.

Maybe it is a 37 week thing? They know they are getting their marching orders and are pretending they aren't really there lol

Lol BB!! Maybe you're right! Glad to know I am not the only one though! We all have naughty little boys on board, that's the problem! Xx

Hmmm well my OH's swimmers have been told in no uncertain terms to all be girls next time.

Nope - this mama's cookin' a naughty little girlie! Spoke to my friend who gave birth to her 2nd 2days ago. She said that this happened to her and aslong as she could prod his foot and he kicked back, she didn't worry about anything! Looks like we're the 37 week club!!!! X

Yeah, I've noticed mine less this last week too.

Though I have just been to chiquitos and baby is now moving lots... must have been the chimichangas..haha

Sorry for tri hopping but just wanted to say for about a week or two before baby was due the movements went right down so on the thursday (my due date) i went in for monitoring was told it was fine,
Then the day after i gave birth!
Had a really really shot labour (About hour and half) but there was poo in my waters and baby was distressed everything was fine tho. Just makes me think did she stop moving the day before because she was distressed then and they didn't have me monitored for long enough? (they only did it for 10 minutes)
The again they used to say the baby goes quiet before its born so who knows but ladies do get checked its not worth the worry i had during labour when there where three midwifes and a doctor ready to wisk her away if the worst happened. Luckly she spat it out as soon as she was born. xx

Ye ive had loads more quiet days latley too, baby totally has run out of room, sometimes when i look down i can see my belly moving a tiny bit but cant feel it so guess its because its facing in the way too! x

still not had anything from AJ since about 10ish this morning had 3 movements today. He is normally a bit more active in the evening so am gonna give him tonight. Have checked heartbeat and sounds ok but have mw in the morning at 8:45am so will get her to check me out.

All the PF babies are obviously on strike! Lol. I guess it must just be that they don't have enough room to wriggle as much any more! Beanie is still being quiet, will go in tomorrow if he hasn't perked up! Xx

mines not slowing his movements at all! but hes back to back so i get all four limbs stretching and punching all the time.... as redbear has said id always go and get monitored, its just not worth the risk and the midwives arent going to care- its their job! and if they do care then give a crap- id prefer to know my babys happy and healthy then worry that they're annoyed ive come in to give them something to do lol :D

xxx

Well - I just found out a that somebody at work has been bad mouthing me in my absence. I got really angry and had a rant to my friend. Baby is now moving loads - she's like 'yeh mum, u tell her!!!'. There you go - shout at someone and get angry, it may just work!!! Lol x

haha shes sticking up for her mummy!!

not good about your work colleagues though- hope you're ok?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back