c section

chezzabell

Reaction score
U might think iam mad for asking this question, but i would really like to do from mum's who have had sections-all i hear is horror stories has anyone really had a nice section experince?

I have heard planned sections are a lot better than an emergency. When I had my section it was an emergency one and I had been in labour for about 2 days so it really took it out of me. Lost quite a bit of blood so was a bit poorly but looking back at it, it wasn't so bad really! Think some people go through a lot worse with a natural too. A woman who had a planned c section while I was in hospital looked amazing afterwards! She said it was brill and she'd do it again. I looked like a zombie but like I said I had been in labour for 2 days as well :lol: I'd defo go for a planned next time!

I was speaking to my sister-in-law at the weekend and her first pregnancy was a c-section and the next vaginal birth...

she said that had she known how difficult her vaginal birth would have been (she was in labour for 12 hours and tore badly) she would have gone for a elective c-section.

She said it was so easy first time around and she recovered much more quickly that then she did from the vaginal birth...
She is really trying to encourage me to have an elective c-section.. says it will be the best thing I ever do... not sure my mid-wife would agree

My C Section was ot an awful experience. I nearly gave birth naturally, i was fuly dilated and pushing for 4 hours but jess was stuck and facing thw wrong way so i had an emegency caesarean. After experiencing both i would never have a normal delivery again, c Secton was so much more relaxed and pain free.

Hi pet,
Scar problem aside, my section was positve. Hearing my boy cry for the first time was amazing and they lifted him straight over so we could see what sex he was. The team were great, they made you feel like they really were pleased to be there and it was a very happy time.

My first section was great as well.

And as for the scar problem, the nurse that comes in everyday is so nice and she comes early so I dont have to wait in for her as she knows I have the 2 babies. Can I stress to you that this scar prob is very uncommon, my community midwife hadnt seen anything like it for ages.

It will be fine and dandy!

I was absolutely petrified of childbirth from the outset - every time they asked me at the antenatal clinic what type of birth I wanted - I would just stare at them at say 'caesarian! caesarian!'.

My son got stuck too (like jo jo's) - he was facing up instead of facing down. After pethidine, an epidural, a bit of gas, a failed attempt at ventouse and 27 hours of labour, they waved the forceps at me and my jaw dropped to the floor. Luckily, the doctor who waved them was the one who I'd made my last desperate caesarian plea to at antenatal clinic, so I pulled the most miserable, petrified, horrified face I could and she said I could have one :dance:

The operation itself was great fun - I giggled all the way through it due to this male nurse sitting by my side telling jokes! (my ex-husband refused to come in with me :( ).

Was in for 7 days (this was 10 years ago) and recovery at home was great. No problems at all. Hope this helps - they're not all bad! :D

thanks for ur replys ladies, i did have a emergency section with sophie, but after 2 days of labour and all the pain relief i could get my hands on, loads of gas and air i dont remeber what it was like at all, i think the bit iam worried about is the spinal :roll:

not long till i find out :D

sophie27 said:
i think the bit iam worried about is the spinal :roll:

not long till i find out :D

better than the epidural. Not sore, the anethetic nips a wee bit going in but nothing major and it last for seconds. That was my worry but it was far better than the epidural and works straight away.

awwww thanks for that laura xxxxxx

u have just made me feel loads better :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi,
I just wanted to share my c-section experience with you.( I had a spinal too)
I had one with my little boy and I have to say it was one of the nicest experiences of my life.
The team who delivered him were so lovely and the whole thing was so relaxed,they constantly explained things and reassured me even when Keiran had been delivered and was not quite right as the cord was tightly wrapped around his neck.
When I went to see my midwife last week she said there was a strong possibility I would have to have another section and expected me to be disappointed but to be honest i really hope I do.
I also want to say that I had absolutely no problems with recovery, I was a bit sore and tired but I would imagine you are like that after a normal delivery. The worst thing for me wasnot being able to drive for 6 weeks and having to rely on other people to drive me around-I think that will drive me mad this time especially as I have to get my little boy to school which is 10 miles away near my mums.
It seems that experiences are very mixed about c-sections but I hope this is another one that shows they can be veru positive experiences.

Strangeness said:
I have heard planned sections are a lot better than an emergency.

Im living proof that is not true :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

got the picture lol

I had a mixed experience during my c section.

I didn't have much of a choice and knew that I would be having one from around 30 weeks.

As I was having twins and one was breech and one was transverse, I was automatically sectioned.

I saw my consultant on the 17th Sept and i had signs of pre-eclampsia so I was advised to have a section on the 23rd.

I went into hospial on Tue 22nd and I went down for my section first ting on the Wed morning (luckily I was first as having twins, the consultnt wanted to do it first).

I walked into the operating theatre, had my spinal and was awake for the experience.

However, the down side was that the anasthetic went a little too far into my lungs( which could have hapened with c section on natural epidural I ws told) so I was a little spaced out.

The down side which I had was not being able to et up and look after them straight away...I missed that and I had probs with my scar afterwards but that was down t poor midwife care ater I had left hospital.

This time I am under a different hospital in a different area and have been told that I wil actually be able to choose which type of birth I want....I am finding this quite difficult and will be boked in with a consultant but won't have to choose until about 35 weeks anyway!

Sorry to babble...hope it helps a little.

i have had an emergency under general. not a great experience.

then i had a sort of planned sectoin due to failure to progress but i only had a day to prepare

and then with the last one it was elective all the way. they let DH in with me from start to finish. one of the helpers nudged DH at the right moment so that he could see Liam coming out. he even took piccies of liam cord and everything. it was a great experience. the downside of a section is, is my belly blooming overhang :lol:

can get a tuck on the NHS, if you have a sympathetic doctor who will refer you.

sophie27 said:
why sonia what happned to u hun?

hope this answers your question :

When I found out I was pregnant early last year 2004, I was over the moon as anyone is, I was imagining what it was like to have labour pains, I also had my heart set on a home birth. In the summer my midwife said I wasn't allowed a home birth, as it was my first baby, maybe with my second she said. So feeling gutted my husband next day brought me back a lovely teddy trying to cheer me up. So then I was thinking about contractions and labour pains for the rest of my pregnancy.
At 38 weeks pregnant, after having a breech presented baby for the past 8 weeks my midwife finally refers me to the hospital for ECV (turn the baby) anyway it failed miserably. Then they said I would need a CAESAREAN! I was gutted I cried for the remainder of my pregnancy. It was bad enough I couldn't have a home birth, now they are taking away any chance of contractions and labour pains!
They said they would be ELSC (elective lower section caesarean) at 39 weeks +2 days. Again whilst waiting it got me more frustrated. The reason I couldn't breech birth is not much fluid and they don’t train doctors to deal with breech births anymore ! !
So I went in 29-11-2004 at 9 ready for my caesarean at 10 o’clock...10 o’ clock came and went and still no sign of me getting it over and done with. They didn’t even have the decency to tell me til 11 o’clock there was a emergency one being done. So I got dressed and was heading out! Then at 12.30ish the sonographer took me to the scan room, she scanned me because I was adamant been as they left me waiting I wasn't having it done, And she revealed giving birth naturally would damage the baby, maybe mentally. So crying again I agreed.
She took me upstairs, into a room where me and my husband were for 5-10 mins then they asked for the baby stuff, clothes blankets etc..of which were in the car, so my husband said, "please don’t do anything before I get back she is terrified of needles" They all said "yes ok" Anyway while he went they told me to come into the other room, told me to get on the bed, lie down. And before I knew it they were stabbing needles everywhere. They had 3 attempts on my arm, then he finally got the drip in my hand!
When Dean came back I was crying screaming, I didn’t want it done, anyway they wheeled me through to the theatre and by this time I was having a panic attack, and so they put me under.
The thing that hurts the most is I can't remember seeing my little boy for the first time. I only remember the dirty nappy, which was a good 15-20 min after! (i have been informed by my husband i had seen him before this time though, but yet to this day i still cant remember) That hurts so much its unbearable to think about...(drying my eyes) I get very emotional when relaying all this. When I woke I found scratches at the back of my neck, all those track wounds and I was in agony. It was hell for me.
On the ward I slept most of the time although I tried very hard to be awake for my husband and baby it was impossible. At 11-o clock they sent hubby home. At 12.30-1 o clock My baby started crying, I pressed the buzzer, no one came after 10 min, so I struggled and got up then after another 5 min someone eventually came, told me to drink this, it was liquid form of pain relief, snatched my baby of me and said "don’t hold him again that medicine will make you drop him" So anyway he had settled down again.
Then an hour later he cries again this time it took 20 minutes for someone to come, by then I was already up holding him, and I got a right telling off, they seemed to think I should just watch him crying! Anyway next day they were telling me to wee in a jug over the toilet, with 3 midwifes watching me it was mission impossible, so I told them I can’t go with them there, anyway knowing they were still outside I couldn't go.
So they were worried Id burst my bladder. They wanted to catheter me, I never had one in cos I didn’t have anything in my bladder. So I was adamant NO. The last poor person I dealt with died of one of them things.
At 5-o clock I thought enough’s enough I hadn't slept much over night and all day the next day. The food was horrible and I was going home! I had to self discharge me and my baby which was scary. They were all dead against me leaving but I was going! I got more sleep in the 30-min car journey home than I did that day in hospital. When I got home not only did I feel much better but I had the biggest wee ever!
When I read my notes I was given to pass over to midwife it had very unnecessary red marker pen "SELF DISCHARGED" I thought to myself,,,
I wonder why?

which hospital was that Sonia205?

Just hoping it wasn't JR?!

o wasnt JR, it was cheltenham general in cheltenham :shock:

Yes this home birth, well it was wonderful i could cry when ever i think of it as it was truely amazing, in every way possible !
I got that rush of love to my baby and well :cry: it was fantastic,
bloody hormones lol crying again..
im pleased my body finally let me go through giving birth properly, xx :D but :cry:

in respect of the John Redcliffe, they have very good natural labour rates, they only do caesareans if they have to really, they have lots more patients than cheltenham general, yet cheltenham general still havea higher section rate ! xx

and if u wanna read, here is my birth story ...

This is my birth story for James Dean, he was born at home after a caesarean section with Duncan 2004!
So my due date 1/6/06 came and went...Tuesday 6th June i had a stretch and sweep done and she said i was already 1cm dilated and my cervix was soft and central, all looking good!
So Friday 9th June 2006 Pm i was talking to my Internet mates on MSN, and mentioned to a lady that i was getting a few niggly pains and on her advice i went to bed (it was about midnight) So i slept OK till about 7am when i woke (very not normal for me I'm a stay in bed till lunch time kinda girl) Anyway My husband even commented on me getting up so early! I was having pains every 20 Min's till about 2pm. Then i started to use the tens machine and called the midwife out told her what was happening and she said "sounds like the baby is coming" and that really hit home that i was going to have this baby, naturally normally like i wanted. She came out about 3ish and examined me i was about 2-3 cm dilated. Then at 6pm she called 2 other midwifes to attend (1 of which was their because I'm complaining about my hospital caesarean with Duncan) At about 8pm i started on the gas and air, although i had been refusing it till this point and my husband and midwife practically forced me to have it as they could see the pain was getting worse and i needed a little something. Anyway i tried my water pool out a couple of times about 8pm then again at about midnight, and at midnight i was not comfortable at all, the water wasn't warm enough no matter what dean did and my lips went pure white and i was so tired everybody thought id dorwn in it, so i got out because i wanted to and from then on laboured on the settee, much more comfortable! So at about 2.40am on Sunday 11 June i was told i could push, so i pushed and 20 Min's later i did a really big push and out he popped! Then about 35 Min's later out came the placenta! I was so shocked to have done it and despite all the threats i had at the hospital from consultants and midwifes saying the baby would be born dead and if i was still alive id need a hysterectomy. I didn't even need hospital transfer after! i did tear 2nd degree and as I'm terrified of needles after the birth they said about stitches i refused i hadn't just done things my way to go and spoil it by having a needle. i was far to proud of myself and far too bloody tired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back