scared and nervous

kellylou

Reaction score
Its 2weeks today until my 20week scan nd all the anxiety is coming back i have started to doubt my bump although it is there i keep thinkingit is shrinking and am wondering if i have been imagining the little flutters and pulses argh y do we do i do this?

Not sure hon but feel assured that it seems a lot of us do this to ourselves- me included. Despite having gone for my 20 week scan and all being fine and having a 4D one on Saturday and feeling kicks and movement all day I've just been to lay on my bed and rub my tummy for 2 mins to get the baby moving because I'd not felt any movement for an hour or so!

We're a bunch of weirdos and although I love this site, I'm convinced we make each other worse and worry more! The plus side is that we also reassure each other and that has been a godsend to me at times :)

Heh, I know what you mean hun, I went to MW today and heard baby's HB for the first time and it wasnt until she said "that's your baby" that I let myself beleive that it's still there!! I have 3 weeks or so untill my 20 week scan but I will be exactly the same as you, never fear :) The worry doesn't go away after the 12 week critical stage does it?

xx

I'm the same - cant wait until the 20 week scan but also worried in case its not all okay. Have not even bought anything yet! Haven't felt baby yet and no real bump (just my tummy fat being pushed out :) )so I'm not totally convinced there is a little baby in there, even though I saw little bean at the scan - I'm obviously a bit MENTAL!!!!

I completely agree! I found in the early days, my doppler saved me from going mad, and even did another PG Test at 9 weeks.. paranoid!! But now I have had my 20weeks scan and I have a growing bump, I am gradually getting more and more convinced! Have a 4d scan in 7weeks so looking forward to that now so keep my mind settled some more! :wall2:

I'm completely the same! I've got my 20 week scan in 8 days time and even though this will be my 4th scan and I've heard the heartbeat twice, the fact I don't really have a bump and I haven't really felt baby move means I am sh*tting it. BIG TIME.

totally the same here lovely got my 20wk in 3 days and cant help but worry that everything is ok
to be honest even when they are in your arms you worry about and it never stops xx

im in the first tri and im worrying myself stupid im cinvincing myself something is wrong, prob because other ladies have lost theirs today. i dont really feel preg n i think im going mad sometimes with worry. My mum keeps saying how do you think I felt there were no scans when I had you. i suppose she is right and i should be posotive.
xxx

Yep...I'm feeling the same. I've got 4 weeks until next scan. Got 16 weeks appointment with midwife on Wednesday and I really hope she uses her doppler/sonic aid.

I've got a tiny bump low down and I think the rest is fat being pushed out (nice!) but I keep checking it everyday (several times!) and thinking it's shrinking :wall2:

I have my 20 week scan tomo and like you RhinoHorn, I haven't felt any movement (I don't think) I think it's because I had a bleed few weeks back and they found a fibroid and I'm a bit nervous about it all.

Pam

I have been feeling like that since my 16 week scan too! Luckily my doppler keeps me sane- its very hard to find the HB on my bubba but hearing squirt kick and move makes me smile. Maybe you should invest? the anxiety cant be good for you xx

I have been feeling like that since my 16 week scan too! Luckily my doppler keeps me sane- its very hard to find the HB on my bubba but hearing squirt kick and move makes me smile. Maybe you should invest? the anxiety cant be good for you xx

I have a doppler and do use it but then i worry that does damage!

I have my 20 week scan tomo and like you RhinoHorn, I haven't felt any movement (I don't think) I think it's because I had a bleed few weeks back and they found a fibroid and I'm a bit nervous about it all.

Pam

good luck for your scan, am thinking of you. Let us know how you get on today x

I'm the same kelly lou, was looking at my tiny bump this morning and thinking what if it's stopped growing in there? Even though I'm sure I've felt movements, I half worry I've made them up!

Good luck for your scan today pam :)

I'm the same kelly lou, was looking at my tiny bump this morning and thinking what if it's stopped growing in there? Even though I'm sure I've felt movements, I half worry I've made them up!

Good luck for your scan today pam :)

i can't work out if what I have felt are guts gurgling or baby moving!!

Hehe this might be tmi, but sometimes I think I feel the baby and then I fart so it's obviously wind!! :p

I've been exactly the same :lol:

I am a windy person anyway and I've got an irritable bowl so my guts are always making noises and bubbles etc. So I think I have felt baby move but I'm still not sure. I think only when i feel proper punches and kicks will I finally know that there is a baby in there after all!

Pam

Pam we are due on the same day! :) Is this your first? It is for me. I wonder who will pop 1st!! :whistle:

Pam

Pam we are due on the same day! :) Is this your first? It is for me. I wonder who will pop 1st!! :whistle:

Oh yes, we are! Yes, first baby so all new to me too!! DO you know what you are having or have you got more willpower than me and stayed team yellow??!
Pam x

ahh that's cool! Yes, we stayed team yellow, what are you having? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back