I'm still so scared!

skatty

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just don't know what to do because I am so scared I'm not pregnant anymore. I had such a horrible first trimester but now I don't feel pregnant at all. I do have massive boobs still and I get indigestion everyday but I can't shake this feeling. I am naturally curvy and assumed I would pile the weight on and even though I am definitely bigger I just don't look pregnant! My waist has got really thick but I still go in and out! Do you think it takes longer to show a bump if you have big hips? I thought I felt a few flutters in my belly during the last week but now nothing! I am 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow, do you know anyway I can find out if I'm still pregnant? I'm scared to know though! What makes it worst is that I have been really stressed the last couple of days as we are in negotiations of buying a house and I've been having to force myself to eat. I'm so sorry for bringing you all down, my DH is getting fed up with my paranoia! :(

I have stupidly been reading about miscarriages. Does anyone know if you can miscarry and not show symptons for a few weeks? I don't have a scan until the 2nd June.

Thanks in advance, Katt x

how many weeks are you Skatty?

you cann't miscarry without symptoms as there has to be blood (baby) loss.

Please stop reading the misscarry bit. I have had to stop also.
You have not lost your baby. You are simply settling down into a normal pregnancy.

I do know how you feel though. I remember with my first pregnancy reaching anout 10 weeks and all my symptoms vanished over night and i thought good god am i still pregnant.

Try and relax. Actually phone your midwife and tell her your fears and ask her to come and see you and listen to babies heart beat. This will surely set you at ease.

Budgex

Thank you so much Budge! If I really think about it I know its really unlikely that I have lost the baby, I'm 16 weeks tomorrow. I don't drink or smoke, I am not doing anything vigorous and at my 12 weeks scan they said I have a lively strong LO! I'm jsut having a bit of a stressful time at the moment and just can't seem to stop worrying about everything! Your message has made me feel better already, its good to know I am not the only one that has felt like this!

A big thanks :D katt x

i must admit i had feelings like that too with this one. It really isn't until they start moving about regularly that you totally relax and know they are there!
you haven't long to wait to get the flutterings then you'll be ok. :)

Ah bless ya Skatty! Sounds like it has been a stressful time for you!

I agree with Budge that you should contact your midwife and express your concerns and ask to come in to hear the heartbeat!

You take care of yourself and I am sure all is ok. :D

Aw Skatty it is so understandable to feel that way.. the early bit of second tri is confusing cos the symptoms fade and yet the bump hasn't developed properly yet and you feel almost normal again.. don't worry you are definitely still pregnant and yes as Budge says you would have pains and bleeding if anything was wrong.

Defo call your midwife - she will be happy to put your mind at rest ... it is normal to feel stressed given what you are going through at the moment - buying a house is draining!

I bought a doppler from ebay when I was 8 weeks preg.. took until 14 weeks to detect a heartbeat but for reassurance I would listen to it every night before I went to sleep.. was fab.... and now I use it only when I can't feel LO kicking [which isn't very often!!!] Best £50 I have spent for a while.. for peace of mind.. priceless!!!!!!!!!

As for the miscarriage section... try not to visit too often.. it can be so sad - I still do because of my history and I feel I want to offer help and support to those going through similar heartaches - and to be honest I still worry every day that I may lose this LO but we have to try to stay as positive as possible.. pregnancy can be a very anxious time for some of us.. don't feel that you are wrong to be this way and your OH should understand and not call you paranoid!!!!

Take care xxxx

Oh hun! Try to stop worrying, I know its difficult but trust me I was the same at sixteen weeks, I'm a very curvy lass and had only put three pound on by sixteen weeks with no discernable bump! If you are that concerned the midwife would be able to hear the heartbeat so give them a bell and explain your situation they would rather check you over than have you feeling anxious. Stop reading those books, I'm 28 weeks now and have been reading about stillborn babies, its mad to toruture ourselves this way, yes it does happen but the odds are so in our favour with any of these problems so chin up and try to stop worrying - I will if you will!!!!!

Kat x

Thanks girls you are all so lovely and reassurring! :D

I am feeling a bit better now. I am reserved about ringing my midwife because I think she will judge me because I have already experienced a real phobia about childbirth and we have decided I am to have a caesarean! I think she'll think I'm a paranoid freak and I'm really not usually a worrier about anything! I'm also in Denmark and eveything is so different, I don't think I am able to just call at anytime unless its really an emergency.

Anyway I have had some amazing news! Our offer on the house has been accepted! Its been a rollercoaster few days as we were not looking but stumbled accross a house on Monday in the south of Denmark on the coast 5 mins away from DH's mum. It is only £100,000!!! We didn't have a deposit and I run my own little business so we had to get a mortgage on Martin's (DH) salary only and it has been accepted and we've got a couple of grand off! It is less than 10 mins from the beach and is 4 minutes from the nursery and school. When we saw it we knew we had to do everything we could to try and get it and I think it was meant to be! :D

I'm so happy now- see I must be pregnant with these mood swings :lol:

Thank you again everyone I really appreciate all your posts today so I'm sending a big group hug xx

Skatty, when I read your post I thought you must have been reading my mind, I was getting used to feeling sick in the mornings and the evenings but yesterday and today I have felt a lot better, still really tired, but almost missing the comfort blanket of my old first tri symptoms. I don't have a bump either, just look like I have eaten all the pies!! Glad you raised this - I took comfort from the replies (thanks guys)

PS Congratulations on the house, sounds amazing!!

Hi Dippy, its so odd isn't it! I mean we should be pleased to be feeling good at last! I do feel better after hearing everyone else and I also saw my SIL today she's pregnant with her third (due in 2 weeks) and she was really reassuring.

I have no bump but I have put on 8 pounds! As you can imagine i am looking really porky though I think half of it is on my boobs! I promised myself I wasn't going to weigh myself and get hung up on my weight while pregnant but the scales were sitting there and I couldn't resist so now I have something else to worry about! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back