Dating Scan Query

Bee7

Reaction score
Just a quickie about dating scans/due dates. At my 12 week scan i was told that i was two weeks further along that i was (i know exactly when baby was conceived - it could only have been one occasion!). Does this mean baby was just 2 weeks 'bigger' than he should have been? If so does this mean he'll come on the date they predicted or will it still most likely be 2 weeks after? Quite confused about this and no mention was made of my due date at my 20 week scan, so i'm guessing it's all progressing the same? xx

Every pregnancy has 2 weeks added to the date of conception hun. So if you were counting from the day you expected to have caught then they will have said you were 2 weeks further on than you expected.

I conceived around the 12th July but my pregnancy was dated from my last period which was on the 30th June to start with.

a midwife will always add on 2 weeks as it will be from lmp on date conceived. the scan date is pretty acurate and that is what they will go by, just cus u did the act and ovulated at a certain time doesnt mean u actually conceived at that date n time, my son was actually conceived after i ovulated due to when the swimmers met the egg lol,

baby could also be a tiny bit bigger but they usually slow down a bit after the 1st 12 weeks.

edd is an estimate and baby can come at any time hence why some babies are early and some are over due

Ahh thank you ladies, much clearer now. Silly me, i thought they calculated from roughly your date of conception. First timer here, can you tell lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back