Scans grrrrr

Sherlock

Reaction score
So I am booked in on Oct 22 for my Nuchal thickness and bloods. Going private for this one as its not offered at my chosen hospital as yet. I elected to go to a hospital outside of my health authority so have to now go elsewhere for the NT. Thats fine though I'm happy with my choice of hospital, just a shame technology has not reached there yet :)

Anyways, I have been told my dating scan is booked for Oct 29. But can I seem to get the date brought forward so its before my NT scan and we can have the dates confirmed and know the NT scan is within the correct time frame. Can I hell :wall: I'm trying to phone the appointments people but no joy as yet. I've spoken to 7 different people this morning regarding scans and dates :?

How on earth are some of you ladies getting scans so early and so quickly lol. I read you getting them at 5 or 6 weeks and I can't even get one brought forward from 12 weeks plus atm :? I'm not wanting one *now* but just a few days before the NT to put my mind at rest. And its proving far from easy to try to change :roll: I'll get back on the phone and see where it gets me.

I'm going private to get a 7 week scan. I met my mid wife briefly yesterday and was surprised to hear that the 12 weeks scan isn't offered where I live only a 22 week scan so I'll have to fork out for that one too :roll:

They had to check all was well as i have a dodge heart and were unsure if i would be able to support a baby. Turns out all is fine. I had quite a lot of pain at the beginning as well so they thought that maybe the pregnancy was ectopic so needed to check that.

Hope youa re ableb to sort out the scans x x x

i didnt get a 12 week after an emergancy one at 9 , so paid for a private at 16 so could tell the sex aswell !

What was the emergency scan for Gem? A little boy will be so cute. Have you thought of a name yet?

i had bleeding at 8+5 , but all was ok , just ment they dated me then and told me i didnt need a dating scan ! they dont do nuchel scan here u have to pay for it !

i know im starting to buy things now and its great , all soooo cute !

How exciting! I hope the morning sickness is subsiding so you can enjoy those shopping trips! :D

nope lmao

hows it going so far anyway becs ? im trying to throw my sickness your way ! honestly u can have it !

Sherlock said:
So I am booked in on Oct 22 for my Nuchal thickness and bloods. Going private for this one as its not offered at my chosen hospital as yet. I elected to go to a hospital outside of my health authority so have to now go elsewhere for the NT. Thats fine though I'm happy with my choice of hospital, just a shame technology has not reached there yet :)

Anyways, I have been told my dating scan is booked for Oct 29. But can I seem to get the date brought forward so its before my NT scan and we can have the dates confirmed and know the NT scan is within the correct time frame. Can I hell :wall: I'm trying to phone the appointments people but no joy as yet. I've spoken to 7 different people this morning regarding scans and dates :?

How on earth are some of you ladies getting scans so early and so quickly lol. I read you getting them at 5 or 6 weeks and I can't even get one brought forward from 12 weeks plus atm :? I'm not wanting one *now* but just a few days before the NT to put my mind at rest. And its proving far from easy to try to change :roll: I'll get back on the phone and see where it gets me.

How far gone are you now? If you can't get the NHS scan moved then why not just make the NF one for after the NHS one? Maybe speak to the Private scan place and ask them if they date you at the same time as the NF (surely they would) and also what happens if you aren't far enough along. They may well say just to come back at a later date at no extra charge.

G3M said:
nope lmao

hows it going so far anyway becs ? im trying to throw my sickness your way ! honestly u can have it !

I'd honestly take it Gem if it meant you had a break, although I am beginning to suspect it is one symptom I can perhaps do without. So what if I didn't have it last time and m/c'd loads of women don't get it, it doesn't mean anything bad. I'm begining to see the light....

sunnyday said:
How far gone are you now?

I'm 9 weeks or so the date workings tell me. So the NT is booked for 11 + 5.

They asked me if I was sure about the dates, I said I thought I was but have not been for a date scan as yet so its not defo. They suggested it would be good to get the date scan moved forward if possible if I wanted to be sure before coming in and having a wasted trip. And because I only have a small time window to get the NT and bloods, I wanted to go sooner rather than later with it, hence trying to bring the NHS 12 week one forward a bit.

I'll keep trying and hopefully get hold of someone and be able to bring it forward a little.

Becs said:
G3M said:
nope lmao

I'd honestly take it Gem if it meant you had a break, although I am beginning to suspect it is one symptom I can perhaps do without. So what if I didn't have it last time and m/c'd loads of women don't get it, it doesn't mean anything bad. I'm begining to see the light....

hehe thanks hun :hug: uve still got time to have the sickness , the heartburn , acid indegstion , oooo so many things to temp u with ! and rememer i wasnt really rough till week 6 and wasnt sick sick till week 9 , there's time for u yet :rotfl:

Gem, you still have these week 17-20n stretching pains to come. I'm sticking some of mine in the post for you today - unfortunately there is a mail strike so it might take a while longer but you should have them for week 18+4 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm not having these ones alone :p

expect your del of extra morning sickness on thurs then :rotfl: oooo and trapped wind , in the chest luckly lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back