In a bit of a panic about my scan-changed date and NT scan

Doob

Reaction score
Hi,

I was in such a good mood this morning and then the post arrived. My hospital has changed my 12w scan date and I know the new date will put me into the 13w category. I'm just having a mild panic because I really want the NT scan as we have a history of downs in my side of the family (maternal side). Will this be ok for the accuracy of the scan? Or will it affect it? Also miffed because I booked it off work and the hassle of sorting out a new time off work having organised cover work etc. already grrr really miffed.

If any body knows about the nt scan though I'd be really grateful.

Thanks

I think you can have the NT until 14+2 or something like that.
Still annoying though x

Thanks Cosmic, I'm hoping that will be the case.

You will get better accuracy the more weeks you are hun x also you may get put back at that scan unless you have had one already x

36 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

Is there not a cut off point where you can only have a blood test and not the combined scan?

If you want the nuchal fold measured you need the scan before 13w 6d

You will get better accuracy the more weeks you are hun x also you may get put back at that scan unless you have had one already x

36 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

This is true for the most part BUT timing is important if you are wanting the full downs syndrome test.

Is there not a cut off point where you can only have a blood test and not the combined scan?

After 13w 6d you'll be offered just the blood test.

How accurate are your dates hun?

I know within 24 hours when I ovulated and yet I got put forward 3 days.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Thaks Carnat I thought that was the case. I think on my new scan I'll be exactly 13w but could be put forward up to 3days based on bding so it should be before 13w6d but due to my family history it's a little close for my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back