Scan Showed Silent M/C

kimisgirl

Reaction score
Hi,

Went for scan today as have been having light spotting and was told that there was a sac but no baby, I should have been 10weeks 1 day but sac was size of 8 weeks.

I have been given 3 options, wait, take pills, or have a D&C (or whatever it's called now)

I'd really like your opinions on this as this is the first time I have been through this.

My Mum and sister both feel that maybe a D&C would be good because it would give my womb a nice clean out ready for next time.

Thanks in advance

hi hun i'm sorry for your loss :hug: :hug:

there is nothing i can really say other then i'm sorry.

i had a missed miscarriage and had a d & c.... it wasn't very pleasant but i did get it over and done with... the options are not very nice but it's totally up to you hun... have a think about it

where all here is you ever need someone to chat to :hug: :hug:

a D/C would be quicker hun, as with a silent miscarriage you dont know when you will miscarry naturally. some women also bleed for quite a few weeks and i have had conversations with some women who havent had AF for 3 months after. however, you might want to go through the experience of naturally miscarring to make it more real or to give you time to grieve with the process. it is entirely your decision hun and whatever you choose will be right for you. i had a silent m/c at 5 weeks that was found at a 13week scan. it happened when i was 15yrs so i wasnt given a choice about what action to take but i had AF 4 weeks later and conceived my daughter 4 months after. i know you might not want to think of conceiving again but if you are the chances are high that your next pregnancy will be fine. i am here if u want to talk hun xxxxxxxxx

thanks girls,

Made decision to go with D&C because even thou I will find it distressing I feel it would be over and done with quicker (and we can start TTC again ...), however just been to the loo and have an increase in not very nice discharge so now thinking internal scan may have started me off naturally. I'm waiting for lady at EPAU to get back to me so I will see what she thinks I should do. It really is great having people to talk to. I have been quite fine since I got back from hospital but DH is at work until 6 and I know my world will fall apart all over again when he gets home tonight.

:hug: :hug: so so sorry for your loss hun xx

Like you i had a missed m/c thought i was 8 wks but scan showed an empty sac at around the size of what it would be at 6 wks,i chose to wait and do it naturally because to start with she didnt give me the option of a d&c i waited for 2 weeks like told to and still nothing but then it started off light and few days later i m/c naturally with no other complications thankfully.
The only thing with that was the waiting on it happening a fear of going anywhere incase it started .I think with a d&c at least u know it will be over with in a certain time (physically)sp ?

so sorry :( :hug: :hug:

I hope everything goes ok with your D&C. I sure you will be back TTCing before you know it.

I would go with the d&c honey ....one good thing is they will look at the pregnancy sac and check for anything that could cause probs in the future, I waited to miscarry naturally for 10dys (back in 2005) but it never happened so I had d&c in the end !
I'm so sorry for your loss, it's dreadful...light at the end of the tunnel though,I've now got a beautiful little boy(10 days old) and i never thought i'd get here :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi kimisgirl
I went through exactly the same thing in december, went for 10 week scan but only showing 7 + 5 and no heartbeat. I chose to have the d/c as I felt it was the best option and didn't know how long it might take to miscarry naturally.
I had started bleeding quite a lot when I went in for the d/c 2 days later but they continued and did the op anyway. Its not nice but at least it is more final and there is no hanging around waiting to m/c naturally.

Good luck to you and if you need anything pm me.
Sarah x

So sorry to hear this hun.

Take care and best of luck for the future :hug:

hi hun

Im so sorry to hear your news hun. At the end of the day it is your desision hun we can give you our personal experiences but you have to do what is best for you. I had a D&C with my first m/c but i m/c naturally with my 2nd m/c.

Good luck and i hope it goes the best it can go what ever you decide. Here if you ever need to chat ok hun :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry to hear this, it is very sad news...I hope you are ok :hug:

I think you are right to go for a d/c, I mc naturally and was not nice.

I am thinking of you and sending you bigs hugs! :hug:

Michelle
xx

I am so so sorry to hear this. i also had a missed miscarriage in november and had a DandC. i think it makes it easier to move on and get well, whereas waiting to miscarry naturally could take longer and i think is far more draining physically and emotionally. that just my opinion though. my thoughts are with you, and i really hope you start to feel better soon.

love,

flower.x

I am so sorry for your loss hun I miscarried naturally and it took about a week but was very painful. I would suggest the d&c option. Best of luck whatever you choose.

How I dealt with my mc was I saw it as a trial run it really helped me look forward and if you look at the replies here most of the girls have gone on to have healthy babies after their mc so it give hope.

Take care of yourself and take time to grieve.

Thanks everyone.

I really am freaking myself out at how calm I am. I am usually such an emotional wreck, and yes I am already seeing the positive side, and am clinging to the fact that I can get pregnant naturally afterall.

The bleeding is still on and off and not very heavy but I have my next scan on weds and if things haven't progressed by then I will stay in and have the D&C if they have a bed available.

The worst thing is walking around today like john wayne becasue they held my legs open for so long doing the internal scan, and I only noticed this morning that I still have the Jelly from the first scan on my C-section scar !!

what a dirty girl I am !! it's definately a nice hot bath for me tonight !!

sorry you are going through this. If you ever need to chat PM me :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back