Scan showed missed miscarriage

clucky77

Reaction score
Hi all

I posted this in tri 1 and am sad to be posting it here also.

I had an early internal scan this morning as I was anxious I have had no pregnancy symptoms from the start except tiredness. THEy diagnosed a missed miscarriage = baby there in sac, but no heart beat. I saw a picture of my little bean.

I am devastated but keep thinking could it be a mistake? According to LMP I should be about 7.5-8.5 weeks, and the size of the baby was 7.5 weeks, but no heartbeat. So it must have happened only very recently.

Is there any chance they can miss heartbeats at around this age? I think this may be my denial stage.

:(

there is a possibilty as it is still early but if the hosp said missed miscarraige then the chances are slim.

have they asked you to go back for another scan?

Hi im sorry to hear that, I had a missed miscariage in Feb i had a scan at 8 wks and baby measured 6.5 wks with no heart beat. I was in denial thinking i had my dates wrong, i had an appointment to have baby removed and insisted on having another scan to make sure there was still no heart beat before thay went ahead. If you need to chat im here. :hug: :hug: x

aww sorry to hear that hun if you ever need a chat just pm me as i suffed a issed misscariage before having jayde :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Last night I booked in for a confirmation scan + D&C for today as decided I can't bear the wait. But then last night I started cramping and now have tiny spotting. Will still go to Dr and see as it could still be a week of this.

I find it odd that I was 7.5 weeks on the scan and actually around that time, then I cramp and spot straight after the internal scan. I am sure it was just a coincidence, but I can't help thinking what if the internal scan caused it??????? I know logically it probably couldn't, but the timing just gets me thinkng.....

Sad days ahead. I am finding it unbearable at the moment and am really anxious about the future- not sure how people can even cope with the 2nd PG afte miscarriage. I am going to be a mess.

Hi ladies,

Sad to say that I did miscarry (had a 2nd scan to confirm), and went on and had my D&C today. Am feeling very sad but much better than teh hysterics yesterday.

The Dr was excellent- fantastic bedside manner and the whole handling of such a painful experience was done very well.

I am devastated re the loss - hopes and dreams for this baby are now shattered and can't really be 'replaced' by getting PG again quickly. Although I want to start trying again, as I want a baby badly, am still going to be upset about this little bean for a while. It's amazing how much my life changed in just 6 weeks.... everything was about my bean.

Any tips on coping, please let me know.... think I will be here for a bit.
I am scared ****less of it happening again, but will not let that stop me from trying.

Well, my heart goes out to everyone going through something similar.

So sorry for your loss hun, take care of yourself and get plenty of rest :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: I am so sorry for your loss. As Emma said, you need to have lots of rest now. Your AF should turn up within 4 -6 weeks and then you can start trying again. I know that you feel very hurt now, but believe me, it will get easier with time. Time is a great healer. My heart goes to you. If you need a chat, just let me know. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss, its not easy but I can tell you it gets easier, the only real thing that helps is time, just take your time to recover emotionally and physically - you will get there I promise. :hug:

Thanks ladies, your kind words are much needed and appreciated. :hug: Back to work tomorrow :(

Hi Clucky77,

Just wanted to say how sorry I am about your loss :cry: M/c is a dreadful thing to go through and I found the effects are often underestimated by those who haven't been through the same thing.

There's no rush to try again if you're not feeling up to it - I tried straight away but am kind of glad it didn't happen for a few months now as I was a bit of a mess!!! Pregnancy after a m/c is a very worrying experience, particularly in the early weeks but there's every chance it will be absolutely fine next time around - I never thought it would be but this time things have been very different.

All the very best :hug: Take care of yourself.

Thanks ladies. It is really nice to receive support from those who have been through something similar... you're right in that others just don't understand.
:hug:

I'm so sorry :hug: I know how difficult it is, having been there myself :hug:

I keep a journal, both online and paper, to write down my feelings. In the online journal I write more about things I don't mind sharing with others; in the paper journal, I write more about my emotions and feelings I don't want to have others read. Mind you, there is a very fine line between the two because keeping things to myself is difficult. I'd rather share than keep them inside. Perhaps you could try keeping a journal/blog of some sort to write down your feelings, emotions, experience. It's worth a try.

Have you thought about talking to a professional about your m/c? Is it possible to get one through work, even if only for 6 sessions? I was given one through work and will have a total of 5 sessions (one in-take and 4 regular sessions of 1.5 hours) and it has helped me so much. Only two to go. So far I've been making progress, according to her.

Any case, I hope you first allow yourself to recover and process the grief. We're here for you if you need to rant :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back