Sad news, was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage today

clucky77

Reaction score
Hi all

I had an early internal scan this morning as I was anxious I have had no pregnancy symptoms from the start except tiredness. THEy diagnosed a missed miscarriage = baby there in sac, but no heart beat. I saw a picture of my little bean.

I am devastated but keep thinking could it be a mistake? According to LMP I should be about 7.5-8.5 weeks, and the size of the baby was 7.5 weeks, but no heartbeat. So it must have happened only very recently.

Is there any chance they can miss heartbeats at around this age? I think this may be my denial stage.

Very sad. :(

I had some bleeding at 6+5 and they could make out a heartbeat on my scan at that time. To be honest though it was just the tiniest of little flickers on the screen and when she pointed it out to me I couldn't tell if it was just a flicker on the screen or not, I just took her word for it that everything was normal.

I'm so sorry to hear your news and I can understand you being in denial but the sonographers are usually very experienced and know what they're looking for.

What have they advised you to do from now??

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for your thoughts.

They said I can have another scan or book in for the D&C if I like, or jsut wait for it to happen naturally.... which could take a few weeks. Not a great feeling to wait that long though.

I am sure she is right, but I can't help reading teh 'junior' in her letter and thinking could she have got it wrong - she looked like she was straight out of uni, but hey, this is classic denial and she probably did her job!

If you're in any way unsure then you could just wait for it to happen.
when I had my bleed my doc said to me that if it's going to happen it will and nothing we do will stop it really so if it's going to happen then it will and at least you'll know if she was right or not

sorry I can't be more helpful

:hug:

Sending you lots of love and hugs......

If I were you, I would double check by having another scan or waiting for it to come away naturally. Otherwise you will always wonder if you are not 100% sure she was right.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Julia xxxxx

Thanks for your comments. I have booked in for a D&C tomorrow but with a scan before that to confirm. That will give me the validation I need before going ahead. :(

Im so so sorry hun, :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take care of yourself! :hug:

clucky this happened to me too, my baby was 9weeks at my 12week scan

i think its great ur getting another scan, i never did and i can tell u it played on my mind for months and months and still does now, thing is iv worked with ultrasound and never actually saw the screen if i had id of taken it better as i would of seen there was no hb

i had no symptoms really last time and tbh i havent this time and i think its very hard unless u feel sick every day, obviously for 7weeks or so ur pregnancy was normal

i am so sorry to hear ur news- hope ur second scan provides reassurance in that u know the diagnosis is right, so sorry for u again xxx

Hi all

Well it's been an emotional rollercoaster but this morning I had more bleeding so I knew it wasn't good. I had the 2nd scan and the Dr confirmed no heart beat. I then went ahead and had the D&C.

Although I am devastated and feel my hopes and dreams for this baby are shattered (+ hate not being prengant anymore!), the Dr was excellent and had amazing bedside manner so I am feeling better than expected. Am sure there will be ups and downs to come.

I hope to see you all in Tri 2 soon, and hope I am back here soon-ish with the Tri 1 newbies. Best of luck. xx

Just read your post and although have no advice, I just wanted to say am so sorry to hear your news . Take care :( :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back