scan at 37+ week?

janiebump

Reaction score
Been to see midwife today and im worried sick, she said baby hasnt grown in 6 weeks and im being referred to the hospital tomorrow for a sizing scan. I have been suffering from depression since beginning of pregnancy and am now worried sick that me being ill has affected the baby, has anyone else been referred to for a scan at all for any reason?

i havent but just wanted to wish you luck... im sure everything will be fine :hug: :hug:

awwww thankyou xx I will post tomorrow to let people know so if anyone else has a similar experience they can refer to this perhaps.

From about 28 wks my baby's fundus height didn't seem to budge, consultant said baby felt average size so wasn't going to do a scan.

Had to go to L&D 2 weeks ago as i couldn't walk and they got me in for a growth scan, all was fine, they said baby measured about 7 1/2lb.

Mine's been laid funny so thats prob why it was measuring small.

Don't worry about things, i'm sure all will be ok.

I too have had a lot of stress this pregnancy, not eating etc and all seems ok so i'm sure it will be for you too.

:hug:

Aww, I know it is hard, but try not to worry. I have heard of midwives saying similar things to my friends, but a scan/consultant appointment has shown everything was ok. I hope it goes ok :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

moomoo192 said:
From about 28 wks my baby's fundus height didn't seem to budge, consultant said baby felt average size so wasn't going to do a scan.

Had to go to L&D 2 weeks ago as i couldn't walk and they got me in for a growth scan, all was fine, they said baby measured about 7 1/2lb.

Mine's been laid funny so thats prob why it was measuring small.

Don't worry about things, i'm sure all will be ok.

I too have had a lot of stress this pregnancy, not eating etc and all seems ok so i'm sure it will be for you too.

:hug:
++

Thaks for that, i appreciate it, partner just running me a nice bath so gunna have a soak and early night and im at hospital at 9.45 so havent ages to wait, thanks for messages xx

With my first I had hardly any water and my midwife thought the baby hadn't grown enough so all in all I ended up with 3 extra scans as each appointment with midwife resulted in another scan to check progress, it was just the fact I had not much water, baby was fine!!

Good luck though x x x

Years ago i had a very tall skinny friend...they said she had a small baby...he was born at 42 wks 10lb 60z (1st baby) :shock:

They do get it wrong...... :hug:

I wouldnt worry about it
They told my mum i wasnt growing and induced her and dragged me out when i wasnt ready, even now she says they should have left me there as i was perfectly fine, they're prob jsut being over cautious

janiebump said:
Been to see midwife today and im worried sick, she said baby hasnt grown in 6 weeks and im being referred to the hospital tomorrow for a sizing scan. I have been suffering from depression since beginning of pregnancy and am now worried sick that me being ill has affected the baby, has anyone else been referred to for a scan at all for any reason?

I've been referred for an extra scan as my baby isn't growing very fast either, I am not too worried though as I have heard it happen to a few people and the outcome has been fine. Like you I have been low recently and have had a lack of appetite which means I haven't been gaining weight in the last few wks. Try not to worry, good luck for your scan.

ah, try not to worry :hug:

My fundal height had only gone up 1cm in 3 weeks (and even then its still slightly belowe average) but from talking to people it seems that they cant know everything jus from measuring your tummy. The scan will probably be fine and put your mind at ease :D Im still a little anxious that ive not grown, but my MW didnt seem bothered :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back