• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Samuel Albert George. 01.06.2011.

Mrs_B1981

Reaction score
Well, finally getting on here to post our birth story.

I went into hospital on the 30th May for induction. I was given the 6 hour pessary, no result. A second 6 hour pessary, no result! Although i did get some pessary pains overnight which were a bit sore. They settled, and the following day I had the 3rd pessary, only after having to wake Sam with a Slush Puppie from the hospital shop. He wasnt active enough on the CTG and a pessary would have aggrivated him. He did wake up, kicked alot and in the pessary went. At this point I sent my OH home to get some rest whilst the ward was on 2 hour rest period. At about 1.30pm I started to get the most immense period pains and felt the ongoing need to poo! I kept pottering back and forth to the toilet but couldnt do anything, so eventually asked for some pain killers. I was given paracetamol and told it was probably pessary pains again and they would pass. I went back to my bed, and sat continuing to have these overwhelming pains. My parents came to visit me at 3pm, Mum took one look at me and annouced to my Dad that 'this was it, labour and started.' Eventually at 4.30pm mum went and fetched a MW who plonked me in a bath, which did nothing! My mum called my OH who panicked and rushed back to the hospital (I hadnt allowed her to ring him cos i wasnt convinced i was in labour!)
After my bath they wacked me on the CTG, again Sam was chilled out and not moving enough. Also, the contraction thingy was picking nothing up, basically saying i wasnt having contractions. After a while, with each pain Sams heart rate would drop to about 80-90 bpm. The Dr came and assessed us, changed the contraction monitor and boom, there it was, my contractions were measuring 90%! So, off we walked to the Delivery Suite for ongoing monitoring of Sam.
The MW in Delivery Suite helped me onto the bed, and told me to breath through the pain, this was probably still pessary pains and the contraction monitor was wrong! I got really agitated, kicking the end of the bed cos i couldnt stretch my legs and swearing at my OH! After about 10 mins i again had the overwhelming urge to poo, so the MW examined me and i was 5cm dilated! I finally got some gas and air. Amazing stuff! My OH said i went from 0-drunk in 60 seconds!! :lol:
Again after 10 mins i wanted to push, she examined me and i was 8 cm dilated. My waters were pouring out at this point, they had broken on the antenatal ward but Sams head had plugged them!
Everything from here is a bit of a blur, but after 3 hours, lots of pushing when i shouldnt and general stupidness on the gas and air my little man popped out at a minute past midnight!
The cord was round his neck and he was very drowsy so i didnt get initial skin on skin, it took him about 30 seconds to make a noise, and a minute to really screech. There were some dramas with the placenta not coming out correctly and looking like it was going to tear from the cord, so the Dr came in and delivered it. I managed a 3rd degree tear which they thought they would have to stitch in Theatre under a spinal. But theatre was full with an emergency section, so the Dr wacked in massive amounts of local anaesthetic and cracked on.
I finally got cuddles from my little man and thats when the tears started. My OH was an emotional wreck, trying to ring my parents, his parents, my best friend etc etc!!
We are both so in love with our little man, and the tear is well worth it! :lol:

Attachments

• 2.06.11.jpg
    2.06.11.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 41
Goodness you had quite a traumatic time mrs b - sounds like you did v well though! He looks v cute xx

Congratulations hun!!What fabulous names you have picked :D xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back