Sad news

tots hope

Reaction score
Found out last night that one of my friends who is 12 weeks pregnant has been diagnosed with leukemia. She went for a routine blood test and they phoned her asking her to come back in for the results and has been in isolation since. Apparently its spread quite a bit already and its not looking good. Its so sad - i cried quite a lot yeserday.

She already has 3 children ages 11, 9, 7. This pregnancy was a bit of a shock and not planned but wanted so much when they got used to the idea.

She is due to start chemo today and they have told her this could be the end of her pregnancy - so gutted for her.

Sorry if i have made people sad just needed to share the news.

oh no :cry: thats so sad

i wish her all the best :hug: i hope ur ok aswell

that is so sad. oh i dnt know what to say ... im so sorry hun i rally do hope she gets better :hug:

That is such sad news but once she's had the baby there is so much they can do to cure it (or at least put it into remission or slow the spread etc). I'm everso hopeful that they will do something, sadly treatment isn't an option while pregnant - they might suggest termination (since she's just within the law to have one still) if it's really bad - the decisions her and her partner will face over the coming weeks won't be easy but with friends like you by her side I'm sure she'll cope a lot better than if she were alone. Thinking of you all :hug:

I am very sorry to hear your news how awful but thank god they spotted it so they can do something about it and give her a chance.

Sorry to hear this..........I hope everyhing goes well with the chemo :hug: :hug: Its awful to here that this will end the pg :cry:

I really dont know what to say.... got tears in my eyes :cry: so sorry hun xxxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

thats tragic i hate hearing things like that :cry: i hope it all works out for
them :hug:

:cry:
omg i really dont know what to say and i can say is that my heart goes out to her and her family and friends :hug:
i cant imagine how sad they must be feeling
i hope you are ok hun and that she is coping as well as she can be :hug: :hug: :hug: and i hope that everything is going to be ok for her

Here is an update:

Well yesterday she decided not to have Chemo - she has thought about it a lot and would rather give the baby a chance to live. She doesn't believe in termination and wants to wait until it is safe and then have a CSection, doctors aren't even sure if she will make it this long. Things might change and i will keep you posted.

I work with terminaly ill people day in day out but this is so much different as i know her - its horrible. My bosses are being really understanding and have offered me flexible working to help out in any way that i can. Anyway i'll keep you posted

Awwwwwwww bless her heart, she sounds like a very very brave lady.

My heart goes out to her and her young family :hug:

I hope things work out as well as they can do for her

xxxx

Unfortunately my friend lost the baby, they said that the chemo would possibly make the child disabled but without it she wouldn't survive the pregnancy. Such a hard decision to make. Unfortunately my friend had to give birth then was started straight away with the chemo.

I saw her children the other day and they are devistated although they don't really understand what is going on.

Will continue to keep you posted - thanks for all your replies you are all to kind

Im shocked, upset and not sure what to write.

Thinking of her, she must be feeling deeply upset :cry:

How hard would that be ...wouldnt like to think :(

:hug: xx

there are no words to make this any easier for you, but I just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back