Bad news

kellie80

Reaction score
I don't know if some of you remember but my dad was diagnosed with a brain tumor in July last year. He has has 6 weeks of chemo and radiotherapy plus an op to remove what they could. He has since had another 5 months of chemo and at 1st it was responding although we knew it wouldn't go :( He went back yesterday to pick up the results of his MRI scan to see what was happening. It was bad news, the tumor has grown back and spred to more vital tissue in his brain. The have given him stronger chemo but that was his last dose. He has to go back in a month to see if they will operate again but its doubtful. He has a bad heart and lots of other conditions due to the medication hes on. Looks like this is the end of his treatment! :( Its such a shame, hes only 52 and was healthy till last year. Sorry for the sad post I just needed a moan.

oh Kellie ... :hug: :hug: :hug: thinking of you and your family hun i hope they can opperate

Oh im so sorry hun, i'll be thinking of you.

I'm so so sorry hun, I have been there with my Mum, so if you wanna chat PM me

:hug:

I am so sorry Kellie, you must be going through so much at the moment :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: My love to you and all of your family, you are in my thoughts! :hug:

oh i'm so sorry hun, i will pray that your dad is ok. :hug:

oh hun i'm so sorry :hug:

all my thoughts are with you and your family :hug:

Hi

I am so sorry hun if you ever need a chat you know where i am :hug:
Katrina

Thanks for the kind words girls! feeling a bit better today now the news has sunk in. Went round to see them yesterday and had a cry with my mum. Aparently the areas it has spread to in his brain means if they operate it will leave him paralisied too. Also he would still need more chemo after but thats not working anymore. Guess its time to just make the most of his time left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back