Sac but no baby? **UPDATED**

Snuggle

Reaction score
Hi, I wasnt sure where to put this. A girl I know went for her 12 week scan yesterday and was told they could see sac but no baby so she has to go back in 10 days time. What are the chances that things will be different when she goes back? She is 100% positive that she is more than 7 weeks pregnant so surely a heartbeat would be seen by now? She is still very hopeful :(

i really not to sure but i would have thought she had seen somthing but a sac is good thing.

Has she had any blood lost?

:hug:

No blood loss, she didnt know anything was wrong until she went for scan. They did an internal and said they couldnt see baby but sac was there :(

Snuggle said:
No blood loss, she didnt know anything was wrong until she went for scan. They did an internal and said they couldnt see baby but sac was there :(

I hope everything turns out ok for your friend

:hug: :hug: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Oh no!! I havent experience of this but it doesnt sound good :hug: :hug:

i have been threw this and im sorry to say that is doesnt turn out good i had a 6 week scan
i was told there was a sac but no baby to come back in 2 weeks
8 weeks pg sac but still no baby
i had to have a d&c the next day
i to had no bleeding and still had my symtoms
its called a missed miscarage
but im happy to say i am now 5 weeks pregnant so there is some happy news
tell your friend im happy to help if she needs some advice and surport
sorry for it to happen to her
manda xx

Thank you very much manda :hug:

Doesnt look good then. Poor thing, she has been trying for quite a while too :( Makes me realise how lucky I am.

Thanks again :hug:

Hi i have an complete empty sac when i went for my 7 week scan. I was told to wait 2 weeks and go back, i went back and everything had grown. I was put back 2 weeks though which explained why they didnt see anything first time.

It was such a long wait so i just hope for your friend that the baby is still there any growing.

Is there any chance of a missed miscarraige and preg straight away to make her that far behind??

The girl is my sisters best friend so I only know what my sister has told me but as far as I know she is positive she is more than 7 weeks pregnant and is adamant that they couldnt put her back any amount of time. I hope she is wrong but we will see in 10 days time. At least there is some hope if thats what happened to you Beth :pray:

With my first miscarriage I had a similar thing at 6 weeks, went back in a week and it still wasn't there, so I had to have a d + c.

But as the lady above whose baby turned out fine said, some people do go through this and have a happy result at their next scan. :)

i had this when i went for my scan at 8 weeks and it turned out that everything was fine. I was soooo worried though.

They told me i only had an empty sac and that maybe the baby had stopped growing. I had to go back 10 days later and when i went back the baby's heart was beating and everything.

They then put me 2 weeks back but when i went for my 12 week scan they put me right back on target again. Let us know how she gets on please :)

i'm a little confused as to why they done an internal at 12 weeks...i thought this was quite harmful?

this is exactly what happened to me...only they knew there was a small baby only of 3 weeks in age, that wasnt growing at all but the sac was..so this could be the issue..and YES they can see a heartbeat at 7 weeks, dont let anyone lie to you

xx.kelly said:
i'm a little confused as to why they done an internal at 12 weeks...i thought this was quite harmful?

I'm not sure what you mean- do you mean they used the investigative probe? It doesn't harm the baby, just as sex doesn't harm the baby. It can't be a very different size than a very modestly-proportioned male :)

Oooh you mean hands up there? no nothing up there will harm the baby, I'm sure the doctors know how to do it safely :)

breezee1984 said:
this is exactly what happened to me...only they knew there was a small baby only of 3 weeks in age, that wasnt growing at all but the sac was..so this could be the issue..and YES they can see a heartbeat at 7 weeks, dont let anyone lie to you

She's right, I had a scan to rule out an Ectopic pregnancy at 6 weeks and the heartbeat could be seen on a normal ultrasound scan, apparently in 50% of pregnancies the heartbeat can be detected at 6 weeks, so I guess at 7 weeks that percentage would be higher, but still it might not be visable yet.

xxkelly... internal scans do not harm the baby, i have a tilted uterus which means i have to have internal scans or they cant see anything.
Hope everything goes ok, and maybe she isnt as far gone as she thought which could be why they can only see the sac.

Hi snuggle, i hope it turns out ok for your friend! I had some bleeding at 5 weeks with Imogen and they sent me for a scan and said they could see a sac just but couldnt see no baby or heartbeat.
Went back two week latyer where they confirmewd all is ok and it is her being here!
Maybe your friend isnt as preggy as she thought and the next scan will reveak more and internal scans dont harm the baby, just feels like a dildo being shoved up ya, not comfortable at all im afraid!

Snuggle how did your friend get on?? Did she return for her scan 10 days later?
I really hope all was well and baby had grown
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Sorry it took a while to update, Claire lost her baby I'm afraid :( Thank you for all your replies :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back