Hi, Could anyone offer some advice please

Discussion in 'Coping with Miscarriage & Loss' started by jonshrub, Dec 18, 2007.

1. jonshrub

jonshrub Member

Hi,

We found out my wife was pregnant a few weeks ago. The doctor has said she is almost 8 weeks now although we personally think its more like 5.

We had a scan last week as my wife was experiencing some pains. The scan showed absolutely nothing apart from the thickening of the lining of her womb ( I think thats right - I am a man after all! )

We were told to go back again this morning for another scan and this time it showed that the lining was thicker and a sac had appeared as it should.

The sonographer told us that she could not find anything in the sac and that judging by its size it was likely to me a miscarriage as she would expect to see a heartbeat etc..

Then the nurse told us after, that she thought it was too early to expect to see anything in the sac and we were to come back in 10 days time to see whats what..

My wife is now fearing the worse after the sonographers comments but Im ever hopefull. Has anyone else been in this situation. We have been trying for over a year now and what was going to be a very happy Christmas at the end of a terrible year leaves us now feeling somewhat in limbo.

Thanks.

2. Penstraze

Penstraze Well-Known Member

I havent experienced this but didn't want to read and run if you and your wife believe she is only about 5 weeks this may be too early to see a heartbeat but if she was 8 weeks like the doctor believes then a heartbeat should be visable by now. Hopefully you are both right and shes still very early on and you will soon see your little ones heartbeat and all will be well :pray: :hug:

3. jonshrub

jonshrub Member

The Doctors dates are from the first day of her last cycle but she is so irratic with some cycles lasting 50 days that we think she can only be around 5 weeks.

Im still hopefull

4. Penstraze

Penstraze Well-Known Member

Sounds like it could very possibly be, the waiting must be awful I hope it goes quickly for you both with good news at the end of it! :hug: :hug:

5. jonshrub

jonshrub Member

Thank you for taking the time to post.

Jon

6. kayzee

kayzee Well-Known Member

Hi :wave:

I posted this in another thread but i hope it gives you some kind of comfort and hope xx

7. jonshrub

jonshrub Member

Thanks Kayzee,

Just showed my wife your post. were keeping everything crossed.

8. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

Good luck and don't give up hope I have heard of this happening to a few people and the baby did appear.

9. Princess_Puddles

Princess_Puddles Well-Known Member

If you and your wife think she is around 5 weeks then the pains she sounds like she was experiencing could be implatation, esp as the womb had thickened and the sac had appeared by the next scan. Dont give up hope :pray:

10. (*)FebBaby(*)

(*)FebBaby(*) Active Member

Hi,

This also happened to me and as you can see I am now 32 and a half weeks pregnant. I went into hospital with some bleeding and was told that I should be 8 weeks pregnant and because there was no heartbeat yet then it looked likely that I have suffered a blighted ovum. Please tell your wife not to worry as it can have a good outcome :D

We were told that we had an empty sac and to come back ten days later and when we did their was our little girl with her heart beating away.

I really hope that this works out well for you. Good luck! :D

11. jonshrub

jonshrub Member

Had another scan today.

She is in hospital now awaiting a procedure tomorrow. not a happy ending this time unfortunately.

thanks all for your replies.

12. Steelgoddess

Steelgoddess Well-Known Member

Yes I agree with the others, i think ur dates might be right, that lining thickens to barrier everything off for the babby and then the sac grows but when they scanned her the sac woud have been teeny tiny hence not seeing anything...

x

13. CB23

CB23 Well-Known Member

So sorry for you both Jon, hope everything goes OK today.