Rusks

aliciabubba

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they are bad to give to baby?? I was reading the weaning book from cow and gate and it said to avoid to giving it to them? X

Last edited:
I think you can find better things to give tbh that's why they don't advise them plus like all biscuits they are sugary xx

I didn't at first but she gets them very occasionally now she's older ie. I don't buy them every week more like every few months. I'll admit I eat more of them than she does!

i used them at first when weaning as they were great for lyssa to hold and she really liked them, then i mixed other things into them like fruit etc and did half rusk and half ready brek for breakfast, now i just use ready brek and mix fruit into that for breakfast. i just give them occasionally for biscuits now but i think theyre a great treat biscuit for lo's cos they go soft so easily and theyre a great first finger food. yes they have sugar in them but im not into stressing about every little thing and the amount she has now wouldnt harm her teeth or od her on sugar anyway

i used them at first when weaning as they were great for lyssa to hold and she really liked them, then i mixed other things into them like fruit etc and did half rusk and half ready brek for breakfast, now i just use ready brek and mix fruit into that for breakfast. i just give them occasionally for biscuits now but i think theyre a great treat biscuit for lo's cos they go soft so easily and theyre a great first finger food. yes they have sugar in them but im not into stressing about every little thing and the amount she has now wouldnt harm her teeth or od her on sugar anyway

Oh I forgot I made Sophie a kind of fruit crumble with them once! Like you I will use them but I want to start with the sensible eating now like when she's older there will always be biscuits in the house but I want her to know that they're only there for every now and again, not to pig out on lol xx

yeah i think the sweet flavour is great to start them with tho as milk is very sweet and its a great transitional food for them to get new flavours in with

i give them now n again but use the reduced sugar ones but even at that there not the
best . oh usually eats most of them so she doesn't get many lol

i noticed reduced sugar ones in the supermarket the other day. Never realised they were so sugary then again never had a reason too until now :)

They have gluten in I think so if you go by the official advice it recommends not to give gluten before 6 months.

I used baby rice made with formula early on to make a light porridge.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

They have gluten in I think so if you go by the official advice it recommends not to give gluten before 6 months.

Yeah our nutritionist said no gluten before 6 months but to make sure LO starts on it before 7 months to reduce the risk of coeliac disease. Albert has gluten free bread for his toast xxxxx

Ruby has rusk every now and then . She has the reduced sugar ones x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back