SMA Gold vs Cow & Gate

BabyLove

Reaction score
Can I Have Some Opinions On These Formula's Please :)

Lovella Is On SMA Gold But Iv Been Reading & Hearing Bad Reports About It & Am Thinking Of Switching To Cow & Gate Although I Dont Know Enough About It To Decide Yet.

I had Glenn on Cow and Gate in the hospital but found it made him sicky, i wanted him on Aptamil but they said they didnt stock it as its so expensive so as soon as we lef the hospital we got some Aptamil and he has been great on that, he has gained quite a bit of weight too, the health visitor said that babies fed on that were like that of breast fed babies in the way of not being constipated (glenn has never been constipated) and they have stools like that of a bf baby too, have you considered that one?its not that much dearer.

SMA gold made Stanley constipated and colicky.

We switched to C+G Confort and never had any further problems :)

Jake is on SMA gold and has had no problem with it. I havnt heard anything bad about it. What have you heard?

EDIT: Just remembered we moved him onto SMA white about a month ago :doh:

i have fed Willow on aptimil since birth and have never had any problems with it she was never colicky or constipated it is a bit dearer but worth every penny in my book.

iv only just started replacing 1 or 2 of millie's breast-feeds with formula and iv just bought a big tub of sma gold coz i thought it was the best one! :( what hav u heard about it?

Ive always used cow and gate wih no problems at all - its proved to be the perfect formula for both my kids.

Is she getting constipated and crying when she poos carly?

SDhes Ok At The Monent But My Cousin Has Said That Her 3 Children All Got Blocked Up So Im a Bit Worried & Want To Prevent It Before It Happens. Aptimil Sounds Great :)

Every formula is different and meets each childs individual needs, and each formula has its pros and cons. Ithink there was a thread on here with a poll with the best formula some where.

we started using SMA gold, but it made Tim constipated and very windy, so we switched to cow & gate (the green one). he still gets a little blocked up, but no where near as badly as before...

each baby is different though, and as everyone told me, its just trial and error... and remember to make sure they get enough to drink as well...

hope it all works out for you and yous bub...

Lx

We started off on Aptimil but it made Maddison very sick, we then went to SMA Gold but it made her badly constipated so now we have her on Cow & Gate and have no problems. All babies are different and if Lovella has no problems on SMA Gold then there's no need to change hun :hug:

I don't like sma. Jessica and Aimee were both on it to begin with and it made them sick so we switched to cow and gate and they were fine. Aimee used to be sick after every single feed till we switched her.

I am giving Danica formula as a supplement to expressed breast milk. We stared with SMA but she was really sick from it. We've been using Aptamil since then and she seems fine.

Snuggle said:
We started off on Aptimil but it made Maddison very sick, we then went to SMA Gold but it made her badly constipated so now we have her on Cow & Gate and have no problems. All babies are different and if Lovella has no problems on SMA Gold then there's no need to change hun :hug:

I changed Ryan from SMA Gold to Cow and Gate after reading a post Snuggle made about her little girl and the replies she got.

I have heard on here that Aptamil has made a few babies quite sicky, so I just stuck with Cow and Gate and it's fab, much better.

But if she gets on fine with SMA then no need to change as the others may not suit her as well if you know what I mean.

x

All formulas are very similar, you shouldn't feel one is better than the other, just one may agree better with your LO than the next :)
SMA Gold was great for Isaac when he was born, then after a while it wasn't so we changed to Cow&Gate. Now he's on HiPP. Your LO will tell you when they need to change :hug: very best wishes :hug:

Thanks Ladies :D I'll Just Keep An Eye On Things & See What Happens But Its Good To Hear Opinions On Other Formula's For Future Reference :) Cow & Gate Seems To Be Coming Out On Top.

we kept changing until alana was happy, in the end she prefered hipp and cow and gate.

the only reason i didnt like SMA is didnt have a spoon leveller in it :lol:

trixipaws said:
whats everyone heard about sma?

Just That It Causes Constipation, But Everyone's Opinion Is Different & Where Some Have Problems With It, Some Dont. As It Goes, Lovella Did Become Constipated and I Have Now Changed To Aptimil Which Has Sorted The Problem :dance: BUT.. She Now Sleeps MUCH Less & Lays Awake Very Alert For Hours n Hours Lol. Not Sure If Its The Milk But Its Deffinately a Huge Coincedence :think:

Also, When I Told My Midwife Yesterday That Iv Changed Milk She Said.. "If Im Honest Iv Never Been a Fan Of SMA But We're Not Allowed To Comment."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back