Weaning: how much baby rice?

Kynon is going through a growth spurt just now too, I'm breast feeding but he's feeding every 2 hours during the day and 2-4 at night so it is normal for them to want more milk at this age and wake up. I would try to stretch it out a bit longer and give more milk feeds as I think the others are right she will still probably wake in the night as you give them such a small amount of food for a few months anyway as milk is the main source of food until a year old.

I was told its impossible to overfeed a baby on milk. If they are hungry, feed them.

sent from my Galaxy s2

Apparently they dont have the greed function like us lol. They feed until they're full :)

I was told its impossible to overfeed a baby on milk. If they are hungry, feed them.

sent from my Galaxy s2

There is so much contrasting information, from doctors to health visitors , mother to mother.

It's a tricky one, ultimately I think it's down to the parents to make the final decision.

Cheers for all of your help ladies. Xxxx

sent from my Galaxy s2

There is so much contrasting information, from doctors to health visitors , mother to mother.

It's a tricky one, ultimately I think it's down to the parents to make the final decision.

Cheers for all of your help ladies. Xxxx
It is indeed,its your decision. I think current advice is not to wean until 20 weeks because their digestive system isnt developed.

I can see why people do, 4 months growth spurt does look like they are ready for solids but they settle down and go back to normal.
Good luck whatever you do

I should say as well, that I weaned my LO early and shes a trooper with her food now. Eats anything, a very good weight and no problems with lumpy foods etc. I weaned her because she had colic and undiagnosed reflux so the banana helped soothe her and helped with the sickness. She still didn't sleep through until at least 6 months though lol.

Ahhh and breath.... She's back to normal and sleeping all the way through again!!! Yay... I feel human today

Thanks girls

:) xxxx

I should say as well, that I weaned my LO early and shes a trooper with her food now. Eats anything, a very good weight and no problems with lumpy foods etc. I weaned her because she had colic and undiagnosed reflux so the banana helped soothe her and helped with the sickness. She still didn't sleep through until at least 6 months though lol.

Hi that's interesting My lo has gaviscon for her reflux also! Xx

Better get a few more zzzz in now as she's gone back to sleep! Lets hope next baby is just as good.

It seems it may have just been a growth spurt.

ZzzzZzz

Xxxx

If you feel she is ready and you've tried everything then there's no harm in giving rice a try, I agree give it to her in the day not at night so it doesnt rest on her tummy.. I weaned both my girls from 12w as it was 'okay' to do it from then and they are fine. Jaycee doesn't stop eating now! Ellie had reflux and gaviscon helped her alot!
Only you can decide what's best for her and if she's hungry feed her lol! If ur doc said you'll over feed her on formula and rice is ok then that should be enough to put ur mind at rest. So much conflicting advice out there especially on the net.. Our parents have us rice in bottles at 3/4 weeks old an we are all just fine! IMO 4weeks is way too early but I'm going on my own experiences and after 12w is fine. Lily is 13 weeks tomorrow and when she wants rice I'll give it to her, I'm not gonna start her til she's ready so if she holds out til 6 months then that's fine but if she needs it before she's gonna get it lol!

Thanks Jaycee thanks for the support. I think this is the last time I'll post as I feel as though I have been judged. Xx

Don't feel that way babe some think their way is the right way sometimes, everyone has different opinions on different subjects and if they think what ur doing is wrong they shouldn't comment. This is a support forum not a judgmental forum.. (not just this thread so many others) its horrible how some people can be when someone is genuinely asking for help, but they get told they are wrong.. It's not what we need we are all new mums learning new things every day.. I'm still learning and I'm on my third baby! If I see something I don't agree with I'll ignore it.. Unless I feel something needs to be said.. I've been here for a long time and left before coz of mums being bitchy.. (again not this thread in particular)
Much love babe xxx

Thanks jaycee. It's such a shame that I feel this way. I was only asking for some advice on how much rice to give, I didn't expect to be interrogated about my choices and rationale for choosing to do what I do.

Maybe thats just my interpretation. Such a shame. I think I'll keep my mouth shut in future and
Just read the advice other people give. Xx

Thanks jaycee. It's such a shame that I feel this way. I was only asking for some advice on how much rice to give, I didn't expect to be interrogated about my choices and rationale for choosing to do what I do.

Maybe thats just my interpretation. Such a shame. I think I'll keep my mouth shut in future and
Just read the advice other people give. Xx

I dont think anyone in this thread has judged you at all, to be fair everyone has just given advice as it wasnt that clear if you were completely happy about weaning or not. If you are happy to wean that is fine, i too weaned at an early age but next time round i will definatel wait longer. We were all just giving u different suggestion as to what you could do if u decided not to wean, anyway goodluck

From what I gathered in the title and first post she was asking about weaning plans not whether to start or not.. People said she shouldn't be weaning basically.. She had tried everything else and chose to wean and was only asking for others advice on how they weaned their babies.. Not when and if she should.. Not arguing just making the point that she didn't seem confused til everyone were suggesting alternatives and saying she was wrong and the dr gave her bad advice..
All advice is good as in tactics and stuff but to suggest what she's doing is wrong isn't what she was looking for..

(still riled up from a previous thread in the other sections not baby related, I'm tired of people saying this and that is wrong, it's sad we can't all get on after pregnancy stages! Everyone seems so judgmental :( )

Thanks for your comment. Some of the responses to my question regarding baby rice lead to me feeling judged.

My question about how much baby rice to give and if anyone followed a weaning plan , was avoided in some cases and I was challenged as to why I was making the decision to wean.

I am not quite sure how my decision to wean was misinterpreted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back