Weaning: how much baby rice?

marley

Reaction score
Hey girls my little one is 4 months, she has been sleeping through since 6 weeks 10 hours a night and now suddenly started waking for milk in the see hours.

Hungry milk and baba didn't get on .

Yesterday gave her some cow and gate baby rice. Just wondering
If theres a weaning plan anyone has followed ?

Thanks

I got sent one from cow and gate that looked quite good, but I'm going down the BLW route so waiting until 6 months so not really sure about tw, have you registered with them for the freebees? I did when I was pregnant so they just sent me this book thing about it

If you don't want to wean just yet it might be worth trying water/a dummy at night to see if she's just waking up for the attention. Or could she be teething yet and that's disturbing her sleep?
I found that whatever Lizzie ate in the day it actually made no difference to how much she slept so if you're not 100% ready to wean then don't feel you have to iykwim?

When I weaned Lizzie I think I started with just some baby porridge/mashed fruit mid-morning for the first couple of weeks, then introduced a mid-afternoon meal too. It stayed like that till she got to 6-7 months, then we started doing a proper '3 meals' along with milk in between.

Have you considered just doing nightnfeeds with mlk for a little while longer?? What do you mean when u say they dont get on?? Xxx

Have you considered just doing nightnfeeds with mlk for a little while longer?? Xxx

Yeah to be fair it's probably easier to do one night feed than start weaning! :)

If you don't want to wean just yet it might be worth trying water/a dummy at night to see if she's just waking up for the attention. Or could she be teething yet and that's disturbing her sleep?
I found that whatever Lizzie ate in the day it actually made no difference to how much she slept so if you're not 100% ready to wean then don't feel you have to iykwim?

When I weaned Lizzie I think I started with just some baby porridge/mashed fruit mid-morning for the first couple of weeks, then introduced a mid-afternoon meal too. It stayed like that till she got to 6-7 months, then we started doing a proper '3 meals' along with milk in between.

She's definitely hungry , she drinks water in-between all of her feeds and he has a dummy.

Tried using the dummy to re settle her and water, she just continues to scream , it's definitely a hungry cry.

Shes waking up because shes hungry . Thanks for the advice xx

I got sent one from cow and gate that looked quite good, but I'm going down the BLW route so waiting until 6 months so not really sure about tw, have you registered with them for the freebees? I did when I was pregnant so they just sent me this book thing about it

Yes I've ordered one thank you x

Have you considered just doing nightnfeeds with mlk for a little while longer?? What do you mean when u say they dont get on?? Xxx

I have Amy, but the doctor said that there's a potential of over feeding her on milk as she wants so much and the hungry baby milk makes her very constipated

Don't know much about either type of weaning yet, haven't 5 mins to sit & research lol
If she's ok on milk during the day what about some baby rice at tea time? If she's just getting more hungry at night maybe she just needs that little bit extra for one meal for the moment to keep her going

google hipp organic weaning guide i find that really helpful as a guideline

how long has she been waking up for in the night? if its not been too long its possible it could be a growth spurt as they have a fairly big growth spurt at 4 months.

i got the cow and gate weaning guide, but decided to wait until 6 months and do blw. xx

I was going to suggest trying Hipp GoodNight milk but can't remember if it's 6 months +, anybody know? Cos I found that really helpful - Lizzie still has some before bedtime now!

I have Amy, but the doctor said that there's a potential of over feeding her on milk as she wants so much and the hungry baby milk makes her very constipated

Ive never heard of that?!? My lo was constipated but i changed his formula and the problem was solved?.have u tried changing? Im not too sure u can over feed on milk as "supposedly" thats all they are meant to have for the first six months...?????

I started weaning early but it made no difference as he was still waking for one or two feeds a night......yawwwn.. But he was deffo a milk feind and i didnt mind as i knew he was generally hungry not a comfort thing iykwim....

I used the hipp organic which is from 6months and it filled him up more and he slept longer between night feeds.

Xxxx

Hey hun I wrote the exact same thread last week! LO sleepy through from 6 weeks and now waking every other hour!

I've been toying with the idea of starting on purée but really want to wait and do BLW!

I've read a bit and the hv also said that they have a HUGE spurt from 4 months which can last until 5 months! I'm knackered and still considering giving her something extra but im torn as really want to do BLW!

Just thought id let u know my findings x

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

Forgot to say I had the exact same thing at 4 months and was knackered and was thinking of giving rice and purée...but I read up On everything and held out. I think 4 months is a
Huge growth spurt. Tiring for us though!

My lo had huge one at 4 months - thats when most people mistake for need to wean. I held out and its better but he has never slept 10 hours at night without food

sent from my Galaxy s2

Very confused now ladies as she's slept 10-12 hours a night with just milk since 6 weeks, my guy instinct and interactions with baby tell me she is ready for food.

Doctor said she can be over fed on formula. Xxx

Babies that sleep through the night early dont always stay sleeping through the night, even if they're not hungry (my SIL will vouch for that. Her LO slept through from 8 weeks and since about 8 months hes not slept through since...hes now 18 months!).

I would just give more milk in the night. Maybe just give normal milk at night and continue hungry baby milk during the day. If you decide to give baby rice, you should really give it in the morning or midday to give the body time to digest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back