Rules for ur LO

Lilelephant

Reaction score
I know it's early lol but OH were talking about this last night!

We were just saying about junk food etc and how we dot want him to eat it and if we give him healthy options as a treat he won't know any difference! Fx

The other thing was discipline OH pointed out naughty step would be silly cos he could still see the telly lol!

It's scary to think how Orlando turns Out a a teenager adult is down to us scary!

My son won't need rules as he will be chained to the radiator until he is 65 :shakehead:

Lol ^^

Ive already established some ideas for ground rules in our house more so once she is walking properly on her own such as no fingers on the walls. Both me and my brother managed to grow up with not putting our hands on the walls as we went upstairs so I think she should be able to manage it to. This is one of the more petty things I've thought of but I'd like her to have some respect of where she is living and keeping it nice.

lol we talk about this alot im with you on the junk food. I think as long as the pair of you stick together and have the same objectives thats the main thing

def no junk food. Only a bit of TV and no game consoles until quite late! No animal/nature cruelty in any shape or form...

there are lots of things, I would mainly like pea to avoid having all of daddy's bad habits because they do my nut in :wall:

With you on the junk food - going to try and avoid refined sugar completely until LO is 4/5 and then with birthday parties etc it is harder to control - we have no TV so that's not an issue and game consoles are a def no no in my book

Yeah I know what u mean about refined sugars too.
The tv will be Reserved for after his bed time or of we r watching sports. Lol

My oh is obsessed with x box and don't want Orlando to be the same I want him to be active sports or dance or whatever.

We've discussed ear piercing if it's a girl, mobile phones, naughty step, how we have to work together when disciplining. Eeekk it's all scary.x

It is scary thinking of rules etc but whats more scary is that I have already practised a naughty step with my dogs with their training and hilariously it works for them too! I'd really like my children to be courteous and thoughtful to others and say please and thank you to others without being prompted. I think we all have a good wish combined together :) here's hoping we can implement it!

I thought this was gonna be about rules for people around the baby, cos I was just thinking today about how I'm gonna chop off anyone's grubby hand that starts touching him cos he's cute :mad: infection control!!!

I grew up being forced to finish everything on my plate, especially fruit and veg. Now I'm a chubby 27 year old who never eats veg.

With my 9 year old I've never acknowledged that there's a difference between the good stuff and the bad. Never punished him for not eating a full plateful of food just for the sake of it. He'll gladly eat fish fingers and vegetables. Doesn't like chips and that kind of thing. Begs me for apples and grapes instead of chocolate and crisps and is very slim and healthy.

As for discipline I just find consistency works. I think raising him on my own helped with that, don't know how I'll cope if OH contradicts or undermines me with this one.

oh another rule I have is no TVs or computers in the bedrooms, it makes kids antisocial.

I've not really thought about any of this yet - TBH, i think i'll just go with most of the same stuff my folks had, cos my and my bro turned out all right.

The one thing im not gonna make a huge deal about its tidying up - that sounds weird, but my neice isnt allowed to have anything out of place at home, but the one thing that was great in our house was that mum never minded about mess - the house could be full of kids, toys everywhere, and they just got tidied up later.

I want my kids to be kids, yeah they need to respect things, but i think kids shoud be kids - house work is my job, im not gonna stess out over that.

My biggest bugbare is diet!! I want my lil man to eat the same nutritious healthy but nice food we do. I make everything from fresh and always trying new things! He wont be having mcdonalds (ever if I can help it!) at least until school if his friends take him, I certainly won't! I want him to be able to eat out with us in a restaurant too.

As a child I hated fizzy drinks so hope pea takes after me in that respect. Also o/h was very fussy with veg as a youngster - til he joined the military actually and now he eats anything bar bananas.
I think sticking to your guns is important no matter how much they annoy you to change your mind. If they think they can win you round it effects the discipline x

the junk food thing is a big no no for me. when my dd was little she was quite hyper on coke and sugar etc

the one thing that always bugged me was if friends came for dinner id always ask their parents if there was anything they shouldnt eat or drink, yet they never asked me, luckily my daughter used to tell them what she could and couldnt eat or drink.

she grew out of it thank god.

also i think its good to get them to share toys at an early age, mine had to as theres only a year between them but my nephew who is an only child was a nightmare and wouldnt share anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back