Rubbish Week :(

DebbieM

Reaction score
I've had a really rubbish week so far so I am hoping that it starts improving from today.

Firstly, my computer decided to die and it's cost us around £300 to fix (fortunately, the company pays for it so we don't have to).

Then, my best friend was going into hospital for a routine procedure (colonoscopy) as she has severe chrons, however, last time she had this done, she had a bad reaction to the sedative they gave her and she was in a very bad way. This time they decided to do it here at Peterborough so they have everything to hand incase it went wrong again.

And it did. :cry:

She ended up in Intensive Care on Monday and they had to do heart massage on her to bring her back and ventilate her as she couldn't breath. I spent all of Monday night right up until 9.30pm trying to find out where she was and what had happened as she was meant to let me know once her colonoscopy was over. When I found out she was in ICU again, I just broke down. I got to the point that I was even worried about how stressed I was and it's effect on Flump.

I spoke to her husband that night and she was awake, but then, I found out yesterday morning that it happened again at 1am. Again they had to ventilate her and do chest compressions etc. i went to see her yesterday afternoon in hospital and she was just very tired and spaced out. She said she'd text me last night but she hasn't so I'm still worried this morning incase anything has happened again over night.... :(

Oh debbie I'm sorry to hear that :hug: I hope she makes a good recovery :hug:

That is terrible - I hope she makes a good recovery :hug:

I've still not heard from anyone this morning so I don't know how her night went last night. I'm tempted to call the ward and find out... :?

Things aren't any better. I ended up calling her ward and they said that she is "very poorly". She was more or less okay when I left her yesterday - just tired and spaced out. :(

She's currently hooked up to a heart monitor and is on oxygen and they are sending her for an MRI scan.

She only went in for a colonoscopy. I don't get it. I feel sick with worry for her. She has an 8 month old baby who needs her mummy too :(

how awful for your friend and for you... i hope she improves soon... :hug: :hug: :hug:

lots of hugs debbie , i got your text late last ngiht , my phone died :roll: too many phonecalls lately !

hope your friend gets better soon :hug:

Just got back from seeing her and have to be honest and say that she doesn't look at all well. She is allergic to pethidine and morphine and it may be that there is something similar in each drug that causes it.

The thing is, the sedative is out of her system and it is still happening. She isn't with it at all and now they are sending her for a brain scan. It's all very scary.

DebbieM said:
Just got back from seeing her and have to be honest and say that she doesn't look at all well. She is allergic to pethidine and morphine and it may be that there is something similar in each drug that causes it.

The thing is, the sedative is out of her system and it is still happening. She isn't with it at all and now they are sending her for a brain scan. It's all very scary.

I know in the UK they use pethidine for the colonoscopies.. But here in Spain they use nothing :shock:... I can't say that my last colonoscopy was a rather pleasant experience...It was really uncomfortable, but if what your friend is going through right now was the possible out come, I would have been more than happy to go through the discomfort.

Just so that when she has her next colonoscopy she can ask to have it without sedatives.. I've got crohns too and know the consultants love putting cameras up our bums on a regular basis...

I really hope your friend is ok though...stories like that scare me witless... !!! :cry: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Squiglet said:
DebbieM said:

I know in the UK they use pethidine for the colonoscopies.. But here in Spain they use nothing :shock:... I can't say that my last colonoscopy was a rather pleasant experience...It was really uncomfortable, but if what your friend is going through right now was the possible out come, I would have been more than happy to go through the discomfort.

Just so that when she has her next colonoscopy she can ask to have it without sedatives.. I've got crohns too and know the consultants love putting cameras up our bums on a regular basis...

I really hope your friend is ok though...stories like that scare me witless... !!! :cry: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

That's the problem, her chrons is VERY severe and she is far too frail to have it without sedation. It's not an easy or straightforward case unfortunately.

aw debs lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: for you and your friend. I hope she makes a good recovery and very soon.

keep us updated please.

:hug:

Thanks Niki. Fingers crossed she has a restful night.. and keeps breathing! I told her to make sure she did before I left today!!!!

DebbieM said:
That's the problem, her chrons is VERY severe and she is far too frail to have it without sedation. It's not an easy or straightforward case unfortunately.

Oh dear... thats truly awful... I really hope she's ok... keep me informed will you.. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Not heard from her this morning but remaining positive that she just hasn't got my message yet....

Well, just heard from her and same thing happened AGAIN last night. This is becoming REALLY worrying now :(

I hope they get her MRI done today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back