Some good news

timsmom

Reaction score
This is probably the wrong section to post this thread but lots of you have been checking how I was doing and at long last we have had some good news.

My MIL who I love to bits had a colonoscopy ysterday. Her doctor feared she may have a problem with her colon and we've been worried sick She is still very poorly with a very low blood count and may need a transfusion but at least it isn't the big C as we had feared.

Just need to get the lease on our house sorted and I'll be feeling much calmer.

Thanks to all you lovely ladies who have asked after me. I'm hanging in there and not feeling quite so sorry for myself. :hug: :hug:

that's good news. Do they know what is wrong with her then? Is it chrons?

DebbieM said:
that's good news. Do they know what is wrong with her then? Is it chrons?

They are doing a gastroscopy in 6 weeks time so we'll know more then. She isn't out of the woods by any means, her father died of stomach cancer so thats in the backl of our minds but generally she seems too well for it to be anything that sinister.

She has to be bleeding somewhere to have a blood count of 6, may be its a peptic ulcer or something easily treatable. We'll just have to keep hoping for the best and praying that she'll be ok. In the meatime she's eating a couple of pounds of iron tabets a day so hopefully when she's less anaemic she'll feel less breathless and tired

Glad it's not as bad as you feared, I hope she gets better soon :hug: :hug:

I'm glad you've had positive results so far and hope she gets on the mend soon. :hug:

Glad you and her have got some good news. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

That's such good news timsmom! :cheer:

Glad you are feeling a bit brighter and I hope she continues to get better xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back