Routine problems now weaning, need help!! PLEASEEEEEE!!

littleem

Reaction score
Bethany is now on 3 meals a day her routine is like this

8am- porridge and i offer 7oz milk (usually takes 4oz)
12pm- dinner, usually veg or fruit and 7oz bottle (takes bout 4-5oz)
5pm- tea, veg or fruit
7pm- 7oz bottle takes all of it

Is this enough for her age etc??? How much quantity should she be having each feed???

She just seems very unsettled between 12 and 5pm, and when she used to sleep most nights 7am-7pm she is very unsettled at night now, not waking for a feed but just unsettled??

What are we doing wrong???

maybe instead on givin her a solid at 12 AND a bottle. why dont u try just the solid at 12 and the bottle at maybe 2:30 ish? shes probably hungy/tired in between 12 til 5 is quite a while if shes weanin..it may sort ur night time routine out too xx

jodie_honey said:
maybe instead on givin her a solid at 12 AND a bottle. why dont u try just the solid at 12 and the bottle at maybe 2:30 ish? shes probably hungy/tired in between 12 til 5 is quite a while if shes weanin..it may sort ur night time routine out too xx

I agree x

If you do this then the routine will be similar to Baillie's. Seem to work for her. At 2.30 she will usually drain about 5-6 oz and it keeps her happy till dinner time!

They really are greedy wee monkies!

Kim x x x x

You sound like your doing fine i can't really offer any advice as im still bf and dd is on 2 meals a day plus lots of bf throughout the day.

I agree with the others though maybe try her bottle a bit later in the afternoon or a snack of some sort.

Lilys only been on 3 meals a day for the last month :lol: Just offer the bottle more, like its been said, the milk is more important than the solids at that age :hug:

Maybe add in some proteins now as well e.g. chicken, cheese, fromage frais. Ditto what the others said re milk feeds. I usually offer water in a beaker with the meal and then milk in between meals. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back