Rolling over.

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Ok - what's the skinny, all you experienced mums?

I see a lot of you posting that your little ones rolled over back to front at 3 and 4 months!

Naomi has rolled over from front to back a grand total of once. I mentioned the rolling over thing to the HV at the 3 month checkup and she told me I was way ahead of myself and Naomi wouldn't be rolling over until about 7 months!

What's the deal? And is my little girl ok or should I encourage her to roll over more? She gets plenty of tummy time and back time too on the play mat. What else can I do?

Sue

I think to be honest they do it in their own time. I mean Ruby has rolled from her front to her back, and from her back to her front. But from what Ive read rolling from front to back is easier and also when Ruby rolled from back to front she was on the sofa and rolled towards the downward slope. Shes always getting her arms stuck too.
Plus she hates being on her tummy, always has.
I wouldnt worry to much Naomi will do it in her own time, the HV is always telling me to put Ruby on her front more but she hates it!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

She's fine hun don't worry.
Brody rolls everywhere and wriggles all over the floor, BUT is very active for his age.
Plenty of Brody's little "friends" have yet to roll over even once, it's just one of those things, like some babies walk at 10 months, some not till 15 months!

Hi

I posted a thread about this recently too. My Isaac hates being on his front but I still put him on his front everyday and he is getting more used to it. I have decided that aslong as I give him the opportunity to do things then he will do them in his own time and obviously if he has the opportunity and after a reasonable amount of time he still makes no attempt at doing certain things then I will try and encourage it myself and discuss it with the HV. (and you guys or course)!

I know how you feel though, you can't help but worry. I feel the same but am going to be patient because like people say, you wish their lives away otherwise and before you know it they aren't babies anymore!

Lou :)

ruben has turned himself over from back to front twice. the 1st time i wasn't looking and was scared out of my wits by his big SCREAM... he screamed like he did for his jabs so i thought he'd hurt himself but when i rushed over he was fine - just on his front! must have startled himself!!

the second time he did it i got to find out how/why... he has really dry itchy skin and is constantly scratching. he basically reaches over sooo far in his desperation to get to scratch his calves, that he just rolls over! so he's definitely not doing it on purpose (i did think, "blimey you're a bit young to be rolling over" the first time!)

he hates tummy time as well, even though he can easily hold his head and push upwards... hoping he will enjoy it more when i get his boppy pillow that i ordered from ebay as it can be used to prop them up with. he loves sitting though and the boppy should be good for that too, supporting him so he doesn't topple over! lol

Aimee has been doing it for weeks now but she hates it once she is there. My eldest didn't roll over ill she was 28 weeks and I thought that was perfectly normal, she never crawled she just started walking at 11 months.

all babies develop at different rates hun so i wouldnt worry to much!
there was so much difference between kurt n beth i started panicking when she wasnt doing things around the same time as he did.

Petchy I have wanted a boppy for Ella since before she was born, they are american and my cousin had one when we went over to visit, I couldnt find them on any english websites and delivery from us wesites were too expensive, I never thought of getting noe of ebay! Thanks Im going to have a look now!

carey never did it then he just did it once..realised he can actually do it and now he wont stop. I can see him getting frustated sometimes when hes trying to attempt it but he cant remember which part of his body moves first!

Aimee hasnt moved ! shes 4 1/2 months and kicks alot but doesnt go anywhere apart from down her cot.
Prob my own fault as she is hardly ever on her front or back :oops:

She just cries if left & is only happy sitting up

Alex rolled from front to back a wile ago (maybe about 3 months old) the didnt bother for a while. he does it again now mainly in his cot (tummy sleeper) the problem is he wont sleep on his back so if he rolls over he then wakes up all grumpy and i have to put him back!

he likes to do it in the morning once he's awake before we go in to get him. he looks so pleased wth himself when you go in :D

trying to train him to go the other way so he can do it himself!! hours on the floor encouraging - he is so nearly there!

x

Seren has rolled back to front twice but cries everytime she does it. She doesn't like being on her front but we use a towel to help her and she has improved no end. She can roll front to back with a bit of encouragement. Duds, Seren never liked lying down, has always loved sitting up and I think this is what has helped her so you are doing the right thing. I used to be able to leave her lying on her change mat for ages to air her bopttom but now she wriggles all over the place and wees on the carpet!! Her new trick at the moment is to be on her back and top try and pull forward - a bit like a sit up but obviousl;y she only gets so far. She has better stomach muscles then me!!!

Beanie, Naomi has started doing those little "crunches" too! And she turns herself around on the play mat. She's still sleeping in her Moses basket but won't be for much longer, she's gotten so big!

Sue

Rubie hasn't rolled over yet (she went onto her side once). But she loves being flat on her back. If you try and prop her up or sit her up she goes mental. She likes standing (being held obviously) but not sitting (ie in her bouncy chair). Maybe this is why she wont roll???

:dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :dance:
Naomi rolled over TWICE from front to back today, on the changing table ( me watching her of course). Then we put her on the play mat and she rolled over once from back to front!!!! Her little arm got stuck in there though, it will take a while for her to figure that one out.

It seems that my little girl is having a developmental spurt, if such a thing is possible. This week she's been so much more aware and interacts with everything. She's also noticed the pictures on the nursery walls and will now giggle when she looks in a mirror. Started grabbing things too!

I wonder if it's the baby rice? *L*

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back