Rhesus Negative????

sarahk

Reaction score
Hi,

I was told in a previous pregnancy that my blood group is Rhesus Negative, my partner is Rhesus Positive - ive read that this can cause complications and antibodies can attack the baby. Ive been pregnant twice before, both resulting in early miscarriage (always wondered whether this played a factor) but that asside, the first time I was pregnant and lost the baby I had an "Anti D" injection, but I didnt have one on the second.

I have my first midwife appointment on Thursday so I will ask then, but if anyone has experienced this or knows anything about it, i'd be grateful if you could share your wisdom!

Many thanks

Just asked my mum as shes a midwife and she said as long as you miscarried before you were 12 weeks you wouldnt have needed anti D so it shouldnt affect it at all. im also rhesus negative and i had a miscarriage but before 12 weeks so i didnt have the anti d

congrats on the pregnancy :D

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the reply!

Does that mean that I can carry this baby full term without having any further Anti D's? Only I read somewhere that if the baby has its fathers blood group, it could cause problems.

Thanks again

sarah x

You will still need to have the anti D at 28 weeks and after the birth. My mum said something aboutbecause if the babies blood type is positive and some of the babys blood gets into ure blood then it produces anti bodies which if you get pregnant again will mean these anti bodies will treat it like a foreign object and attach it. Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back