Rhesus Negative

Solo

Reaction score
Been to see an obstetrician today at the hospital to do with my allergic reactions. Anyway, the results from my blood test were there and it turns out I am Rhesus -!!!! Got to have Anti D injection at 28 weeks. Anyone else had one of these?
On a positive note, I tested negative for HIV and Syphillis!!!! :rotfl:

Firstly i'm so happy you haven't got HIV and syphillis :cheer: :rotfl:

I am rhesus Negative. Really doesn't make much of a difference apart from the anti d injections. Just be carefule if you did have a bang on the bump or a bleed to contact the midwife straight away cos you would need one then aswell. Also once baby is born and there blood will be tested, if they are positive then you will need another anti d then for future pregnancy's

:hug:

I am rhesus Negative too haven't had the injections yet but its nothing to worry about, just be sure to let docs know about bumps/bleeding as sweetcheeks24 says! :hug:

Hey honey I am rhesus neg too and had the injections before delivery with my son - don't remember them afterwards which must mean he is a neggie too but i can't remember lol nothin to worry about like the others have said :)

We got special blood we have :D O negatives is magic blood cos anyone else can have it in their blood stream for donation :clap:

I think my wife might be. Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean in terms of the baby??!?!

I've had my 2 Anti-D injections now and as others have said if the baby is Rh positive I will have another one just after he or she is born. The injection itself isn't any different to any other injection, really.

I'm O neg too and each time I went to the hospital for my anti-d the midwife was urging me to donate blood a year or so after the baby's born as only 7% of the blood stocks they have are O neg and it's so useful they need more donors.

There's a page here that tells you a bit more about rhesus status and rhesus incompatibility but as other folk have said it's usually not something to worry about with a first baby - http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_the_doc ... esus.shtml

I'm rhesus neg too. It's nothing to worry about aslong as you get those all important injections. I had to have one after my Amnio and will be having one at 28 weeks, then again at some point before baby is born I think? Then imediately after the birth. I was told that if I had any bleeding during pregnancy I would need one then aswell.

daftscotslass said:
I'm O neg too and each time I went to the hospital for my anti-d the midwife was urging me to donate blood a year or so after the baby's born as only 7% of the blood stocks they have are O neg and it's so useful they need more donors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_the_doc ... esus.shtml

Thanks for the link honey and good point about donating...i think i have given about ten pints over the years but stopped because was starting to suffer from bad bruising but now you have said that about how low stocks are I think I might have to start donating again next year...

To be honest it's something I've never done but now I've got even more motivation to do it. Don't know why I haven't, I just never seem to have gotten around to it!

JodieLou - usually it's injections at 28 weeks and then another at 34.

im waiting for my hiv and other test results. so so worried about it, bloods were taken on tuesday and wont get all the results till monday afternoon. Do you think if there was something wrong we would have heard something by now?

Really hoping that we have good news on monday on all tests.

:pray:

Hi :wave:

I just got my 28wk shot yesterday. There was nothing to it, honest!!

Worst part for me was the blood tests for anaemia and gestational diabetes which are done as standard at 28wks. once you have had them, you will think nothing of turning round and bearing a tiny little bit of your butt for the anti-D shot :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Had to wait for 20mins after the shot to make sure al was fine, which it was, then i was let home.

Only other thing I will say is that if you have a bump or fall in the 1st tri, they dont give you anti-D - dont know why. this happened to me on Xmas Eve and I went to hosp on Xmas day, but they wouldnt give me it.

I wouldnt worry about it too much - the MWs have it well under control, and the risks to mother and baby are minimal. Of course there will be times you will read too much in to it, but just remember, it is quite common and well controlled nowadays.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnanacy :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back