rhesus negative

Kimbo

Reaction score
i had my bloods taken at 12 weeks, and theyve all come back normal for hiv, rubella etc, and i also had blood taken for my blood group.

but i havent heard anything yet about my bloody group, even though ive seen the midwife since

do they only let you know if your negative? cos im worried incase i have a bump and i need the anti-D, but ive no idea what i am yet!

Check iin your notes- they will have marked in there what your blood group is and whether you are positive or negative.

I would have thought if you were negative they would have mentioned it. I think only about 15% of the population are.

ive looked in my notes

the blood type is just left blank :think:

if you have a bump..and go to the hospital the 1st thing they will do is take blood for ur blood group.. ur goign to the hospital next week ask tehre.. n they will probably send u to have blood taken..

I'm rhesus negative - when i first went to my doctors to confirm pregnancy she took my bloods then and called me to let me know that i was negative. Maybe ask your midwife or call your doc if your not sure. If you were they'd let you know i'm sure you have nothing to worry about :hug:

im rhesus neg also

i got checked in 05 to see what i was and checked again for this baby.

id defo ring them adn ask them that way u will know :)

Kimbo I'm rh neg and I'm not sure they would have told me because I had to ask.... and even after I'd asked they still didn't mention anything about what I needed to do if I have a bang or bump

They also never said anything about the anti D injections at all so I made a point of asking because my mum is also rh neg and she'd told me about them.

Seeing as we're using the same hospital I'd suggest you ring either the antenatal dept there or your own midwife at the docs. If you need the number for the antenatal clinic at the hospital text me...I've found a great number that actually gets answered!!!! :D

pilkers said:
Kimbo I'm rh neg and I'm not sure they would have told me because I had to ask.... and even after I'd asked they still didn't mention anything about what I needed to do if I have a bang or bump

They also never said anything about the anti D injections at all so I made a point of asking because my mum is also rh neg and she'd told me about them.

Seeing as we're using the same hospital I'd suggest you ring either the antenatal dept there or your own midwife at the docs. If you need the number for the antenatal clinic at the hospital text me...I've found a great number that actually gets answered!!!! :D

thanks pilks

has ur OH had to be tested?
thought he might of been if they havent mentioned anti d to you..

anyone noticed... 15% of the population is rhesus negative and they all seem to be on this forum :rotfl:

They didn't bother testing my OH. I think most areas don't test your OH routinely.

I get my extra inj at 28 and 32w I think.

I think it's always handy to know what the baby's father is....

I think the probems occur if you and the father have different blood groups, as then there is a possibility that your baby will have a different blood group to you and its when blood gets transferred between you and baby that the problems may occur as baby could be seen as a foriegn body.

I'm rhesus positive and o/h is rhesus negative. During my last pregnancy I asked the midwife if this affects anything and she said no. Its only if the mother is negative.

I think they give you those results at your 20 week scan, thats when I got mine anyway :)

[quote="Kimbothanks pilks

has ur OH had to be tested?
thought he might of been if they havent mentioned anti d to you..

anyone noticed... 15% of the population is rhesus negative and they all seem to be on this forum :rotfl:[/quote]

They don't test your OH because it's too much hassle for them I think. It's easier to just give you the anti D

in my baby book tho im res neg A when they told me when i preg in 05 and 06 im res neg. there such a thing called res neg a?

I think any bloog group can be negative or positive

It means you are blood group A and rheusus negative

Kimbo said:
anyone noticed... 15% of the population is rhesus negative and they all seem to be on this forum :rotfl:

True!!! :rotfl:

enn said:
in my baby book tho im res neg A when they told me when i preg in 05 and 06 im res neg. there such a thing called res neg a?

I'm Rhesus A Negative, so yes :)

This may help - http://www.blood.co.uk/pages/all_about.html
Shows how many of each blood group there are, so how rare you are! :) A- is 7% of the population :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back