rhesus negative

winnie89

Reaction score
i was told by my MW yesterday that my blood group is b negative which means i'm rhesus negative, i just wondered whether any one knew anything about it and if it's harmful for my baby?

Its to do with ur blood type honey. It means that if ur baby is positive then the antibodies in you blood would see it as 'forgein', this can cause complications in ur pregnancy and future prgenancies, uch as miscarriage. As you wont know babyus blood type till birth, all rhsus neg mothers are offered an injection (sometimes more than one) to counter this effect. xxx

thanks i was a bit confused when she went through it yesterday so i thort i'd better check and not worry myself!!!

i'm B- too, just means we need anti-d jab at 28 weeks and when baby is born, its not harmful in your first pregnancy but if you do not have the jabs then your body can produce antibodies, i wouldnt worry about it. i've had the jab twice already and its not too bad, they give it in your thigh.

xx

well i've never known my blood type before and she was like you need to have an injection and she really got me worried!! lol just thought i'd find out on here because the baby book didnt really got into much detail and there is sooo much crap on the internet so you never know what to believe

i thought that but i just worry too much xx

Do any of you know if it matters what letter you are? I was told years ago I was O Rehesus Negitive but so far have not had anything said to me about it and was never given results of the bloods taken at 9 weeks so I guessed everything was ok?

Maybe I was given incorrect information previously?

it does not matter what letter you are, if you are a - blood type including o- then you will need the injections, i would ask your midwife about it, maybe she just forgot to mention it yet as you wont need the jab till 28 weeks.

Forgot to say winne, our b- blood type is second rarest blood group in uk, only AB- is rarer :)

yeah, love how there is always someone on here that knows, im A+ so im a lucky one and dont have to get those jabs

I'm O-ve and 14 weeks and had an anti D on Thursday after a CVS. You must call the triage midwife at the hospital if you bang your stomach or if you have any bleeding as you may need an anti D jab. The jab was in the arm and only stung a little.

Thanks for that Nurse, Will ask on the 14th at my 20 week scan, Although I woudnt at all be surprised if my doc years ago got it wrong as it was discovered that he was not a real GP he was a vet and a oh cant think of the name but the doctor who says what people died of lol pathologist is that it maybe?

Slightly off topic but anyone know if it matters what ur OH blood is?Like if his is rare can that have a impact on baby? or just ours?

shouldnt matter what OH's blood is. Its to do with the anti bodies in urs, and the antigens (what anti bodies attack) in the babies. rhesus neg people dont have the antigens so see them as forgein. Im AB+ which is one of the rarest types.

xxx

no hun, it dosnt really matter, 85% of people are +, my oh is a+ which means that our baby will most likly be + as + is the dominant gene.

for a - blood type to occur it would most likely both parents are -, mine are :)

oooh that sounds weird about that Dr, maybe you are not - after all, well worth asking though, i cant imagine they would over look something like that. let us know.

xx

Coolio thank L Think hubby is AB Neg so was bit worried x

if you are both - hugsy then its likly your baby will be - too so you wont have any problems with antigens :) xxx

yaiii thanks Nurse, :)

Winnie sorry for hogging ur tread hunni x

That's fine girls go right ahead I never new that b negative was rare I knew ab was but learn something new every day! Glad that its not gonna harm baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back