Cloth Nappy Question

EmmBee123

Reaction score
Hi there,

Already certain that Pickle will be a Cloth Bum baby, although still not sure on what to go for, but narrowing my options by the day.

When looking at reusable wipes (another thing I'm sure I'll be using), one website had creams for baby.

Having read that some nappy creams aren't really compatible with reusable nappies, my question is what is compatible? Am trying to build up a stash of baby essentials, but don't want to buy anything that would interfere with the use of my reusables.

I've not heard that, be interested to find out too!

I don't know if this helps but since switching to reusables (Bambino Mio) I have not needed to use nappy cream on Owen's bum. I guess they are just a bit kinder on the skin than disposables. I only know that you should not use a greasy nappy cream with a fleece liner, but as the fleece liners keep his bum lovely and dry with no irritation it is not a problem.

I heard differently about bum creams and fleece liners. I only use bum cream if she has a fleece liner on, as this stops it going onto the nappy. If it gets onto the nappy then it can clog it up making it less absorbant. Tbh though, if for instance youre using bambino mio, then you can just boil wash each time so it doesnt really matter. :)

I've never had a problem with needing bum cream on my eldest, she was cloth nappied. And with my newborn, I used a little, twice, and massaged it in rather than leave it smeared all over her. I always use a flushable liner on top anyway, regardless of how many boosters and fleeces she has in there (she wees a lot).

We're using Tots Bots all in ones with the poppers. Tots Bots Bamboozles are also fab, they are two piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back