reusable nappies and liners?

Belfast girl

Reaction score
hi guys - emma is a weird child that poo's everyday at 3.30! so have started using reusables which i really like at all other times and disposables at 3.30 and at night.

i really like them and have a mixture of tots bots and smartipants but i am not really getting to grips with the liners? am using the disposable tots bots ones as them came free with my nappies but they seem to bunch up a lot inside the nappy? if there ever was any poo they would not catch it!

i just place the liner on the inside of the nappy so its against the skin iykwim? is there a better way of doing it? or better liners?

thanks guys!

Personally if I knew Lizzie wasn't gonna poo then I wouldn't bother with liners at all! :)

I got some given reusable liners - they are fleece ones - like these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tots-Bots-F...AUPM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325789201&sr=8-1 now I haven't used them myself as still pregnant but my firend used them for two children and says they are really good at catching everything and you just put them in the toilet when it is flushing and it all comes off.

I plan to use disposables at night - did you use reusables for the first few days as I am worried about them sticking to the belly button?

my mum was saying tonight that you can pretty much use a potty from birth. if you know shes going to go at that time maybe you could hold her or prop her up on a potty so that she associates going the toilet with the potty?

not really helpful with the liner question but it was just some advice my mum gave me tonight that sounded really logical and would help a lot in the long term.

As for what Bev said.. its possible , google Elimination Communication.

Dont ask me how the hell they do it >>< but they do!!

I didn't realy like the disposable liners because, as you said, they bunch up and don't do much if it's a dirty nappy!

I use fleece liners which I find so much better. The ones I use are tots bots and little lambs xx

thanks guys! will switch to the fleece liners. and interesting comments about the potty! emma goes during her bottle, guessing its a one in one out policy so don't think it would work for us as i am not feeding her on the loo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back