Questions on cloth nappies

Sherry

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave:
Now I dont want to sound dumb here but........
I would like to change from disposables to cloth nappies (well Seb not myself :lol: ). We are going through an awful amount of nappies with Seb and feel it would be cheaper and less to throw in the bin with cloth ones. I must be getting old, never thought about cloth when I had Josh more about what was conveinient and less washing to do :) . I just have some questions about the types of cloth ones.

Terries or ones that are already shaped like a nappy (sorry not sure what they are called)?

Terries - How many a day would I expect to use?

Do you buy enough to do a wash every couple of days or do you wash everyday?

What do you use inside of them?

Do you need rubber pants to go over them?

Shaped nappies - How many a day would I expect to use?

What and how many parts make up a nappy?

Do I need rubber pants over the top?

What do you use inside of them?

What would I need to buy weekly to use along with the nappies?

Thank you if you havent laughed at my questions :lol:

Sherry i use the shaped nappies.

i use about maybe 7 -10 nappies a day, wash them every second day (maybe everyday depending on how 'busy' she has been :lol: ).
yes you need the rubber pants over the top , they are called 'wraps' now and you get nice partterned ones.
Inside them you use a booster and a fleece or paper liner to catch the poo.

I dont buy anything weekly to use with the nappies just the washing powder (you cant use fabric softner on them) and even then your only supposed to use half the amount of powder you would normally use with a load. I just useone washing powder tablet with each wash.

I have 20 nappies and 10 wraps in size one and also size 2 (so 40 nappies,20 wraps to do from birth to potty).

this is where i got my nappies from:
http://www.littlelamb.co.uk/

there is a thread with loads of info on it here (its huge!):
http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... le+nappies

here are a few pictures to hep you:
cloth-2.jpg
clothnappy.jpg

hope that helps. if you have any more questions just ask away :D .

bloody hell, you werent joking when you said the thread was huge!

Now I am all confused again :rotfl: :rotfl: . To be honest I think if I could get hold of a pattern I would make them myself, I am nifty with a sewing machine :) lots to decide on.

I also use a second 'booster' for added absorbancy pad between the nappy and wrap as Jake absolutely soaks his nappy- you get loads extra in the little lambs packs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back