Re-usable Nappies

claire2711

Reaction score
I'm gonna invest in some reusables soon for Riley, it's such a waste of disposables and I feel so bad seeing bags full of them going in the bin, off to the tip :(

Been looking at totsbots (the bamboozles), got a few Qs tho........

-Any brands you gals can recommend?

-once I buy the nappies and liners, do i need to buy the waterproof wraps? and do they need to be over the nappy all the time? on the totsbots site it says you can buy fleece wraps, but thats just the same as the nappy aint it? :?

-whats best, the velcro, popper or nappynippa?

i think thats all LOL but any extra info would be great girls! :D :D

I like TotsBots and also use Cotton Bottoms prefolds. I have to admit I've been quite lazy as of late :oops: and have been using eco disposables more because we've had huge problems getting the nappies dried now the weather is cooler. Definitely take this into account. We've used Bamboozles (my personal fav), Flexitots (so-so, nice looking, not bulky but expensive and not the best for absorbency), cotton tots (the original one, quite basic) and fluffles (these have been discontinued - they are bulky but extremely fast drying).

Yes you need waterproof wraps/fleece wraps. Fleece is made from polyester so the moisture from the nappy doesn't come through. I just have boring white ones but you can buy them in funky colours.

Because I use prefolds they just get folded and stuck in the wrap. If I could afford it I'd go for velcro (also called aplix) fastening shaped nappies. I'm not big on the ones with poppers (nearly wrote poopers there :lol: ) because I find them a bit inflexible size wize.

I would recommend trying a few out before you splash out on a starter pack. Real nappies are strangely addictive!

I'd say to buy cheaper offof ebay and try a few different brands as not all suit all babies :)
I love Little Lambs personally, and wool wraps, again, ebay is a great place to find them, bought new they can be terribly expensive when they are just as good 2nd hand :)

I have Little Lamb mircofibre nappies and I love them, moving to Size 2 soon.

I bought a kit and got 20 nappies, 10 waterproof wraps, 20 fleeces liners (for day) and 20 microfibre liners (for night)

I have also bougght funky waterproof wrap from various compaines

I have 2 flexitot nappies in Size one for sale and a set of the Tots Bots bamboozles. Flexitots haven't been used but the Tots Bots ones have (they were given to me) PM me for more info ;)

Been looking at totsbots (the bamboozles), got a few Qs tho........

-Any brands you gals can recommend?

-once I buy the nappies and liners, do i need to buy the waterproof wraps? and do they need to be over the nappy all the time? on the totsbots site it says you can buy fleece wraps, but thats just the same as the nappy aint it? :? yes the shaped nappies are a 2 part system.. the nappy absorbes the wee.. and the second part is the cover.. which can be PUL (waterproof wrap) fleece wrap which is water resistan or wool which can be knitted trousers, shorts or knicker type. wool is obviously natural and fully breathable. and they also dont need to be washed as often. (i wash mine about once a month) and air ont eh line between (wool is lanolised which turns the urin neutral when it drys and mixes with air)
-whats best, the velcro, popper or nappynippa? lots of people get on with all.. Ted is to wriggly for nippas.. i prefure velcro

i think thats all LOL but any extra info would be great girls! :D :D remember to use half the amount of non bio detergent and NO fabric softerner. feel free to pm me for other info xx

we use these http://www.modernbaby.co.uk/products/shw-detail.asp?pid=219. I like them because they are quite slim fitting but do take an age to dry (you really need a tumble dryer), also they are OH proof :lol: . We also have a couple of blueberry pocket nappies and have a wee notions one on the way with her name on it (stupidly expensive but couldn't resist :oops: ).

As others have said - try a few different ones, buy them from ebay and save some cash.

i didnt realise how little Riley was hun.. did you know the bee and daft scotlass are selling some preloved size 1s in the forsale section..i would personally get preloved mix and match perhaps get a few different types..and have a bash.. that way you are saving the environment by recycling other nappys.. and saving yourselve money.. win win situation :D

lisa&alex said:
i didnt realise how little Riley was hun.. did you know the bee and daft scotlass are selling some preloved size 1s in the forsale section..i would personally get preloved mix and match perhaps get a few different types..and have a bash.. that way you are saving the environment by recycling other nappys.. and saving yourselve money.. win win situation :D

I think I'll try that hun.....got 2 wonderoos in the post now, so if they dont go well am gonna get some used ones from here.

thanks for all the advice girls!! :)

Will let ya know how it goes 8)

I use little lambs and use the disposable liners in them, you can just fling the poop away then :rotfl: I really need to invest in some more though as like others have said getting them dry this weather is a problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back