Results of first blood test in....

Hchee1979

Reaction score
and they are all normal so yey! :)
but booooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Least I've not gotta have tablets for a thyroid condition :)

Fingers crossed that the second blood test will reveal more - Though I think that the test has been booked too early to catch my progestrone level. I roughly work out around a 37 day cycle but my dr wanted me tested on day 23....which I think is too early - any thoughts?

I guess if it comes back with rubbish results she'll send me for more tests at intermitant times until she finds my OV.

Is there anything out there that can regularise your periods into better cycles?
x

Hi hun, didnt want to read and run! It's poss your bloods are being done too early, my cycles are normally 33 days and my docs sent me for 21 days bloods which were really low level surprise surprise, so I'm going to push for a lata date when I get the next ones done when ad finally arrives (currently cd48).

I'm sure Angus cactus can regulate your cycles??? Don't quite me on that though, i was diagnosed with having pcos last month and this is the first of my loooooong periods, we have a fertility appointment on 23rd so hoping to get something to shorten them if they can.

Good luck xxxx

BB

Thanks for replying :) Thought no one loved me on here! lol

I thought the dr was sending me too early for my progesterone tests - I think I should be around day 32 not 23!

I've heard of that one. I might try that out - mind you if it gives me a false reading when having blood tests I might need to hold off.

Hopefully you get something to help you out at your appointment (keep my fingers crossed for you!)

Thanks hun, defo push for a lata date, with my ones I just go to the hospital with my little bag so I'm not going to tell my gp I'm just going to go!

Ill let you know if they recommend any thing at our appointment, maybe it could work for you too, not sure if it will affect your bloods though!

xxx

The Agnus Castus has helped lots of ladies with long cycles but I'd personally hold off til your bloods have been done - I'm not sure if it would affect any results but better safe than sorry as you said in an above post. :)

It's good that your bloods have come back normal, have you had any other tests done? x

Hi hon, i would not worry about your bloods if they don't catch ovulation they will generally keep testing until they do.

As for Angus Castas I think it does wonders for people trying to regulate their cycle. I would hold of though until you have had your blood tests though. I have always been regular but ac has really chilled me out and made my periods a little longer (they were very short)

Good luck with your tests and let us know how they go

Love Gizzy xxx

Yayy for good results, and wanted to wish you luck with the second blood tests soon

The Agnus Castus has helped lots of ladies with long cycles but I'd personally hold off til your bloods have been done - I'm not sure if it would affect any results but better safe than sorry as you said in an above post. :)

It's good that your bloods have come back normal, have you had any other tests done? x

The only other tests we've had was for DH's swimmers checked out and they are normal too.

I'm hoping that for me its just a case of low progestrone which hopefully can be easily treated
xx

Hi hon, i would not worry about your bloods if they don't catch ovulation they will generally keep testing until they do.

As for Angus Castas I think it does wonders for people trying to regulate their cycle. I would hold of though until you have had your blood tests though. I have always been regular but ac has really chilled me out and made my periods a little longer (they were very short)

Good luck with your tests and let us know how they go

Love Gizzy xxx

Thanks Gizzy for your reply, I'm concerned cos I'm off on holiday at the end of may and if I leave the blood testing too long then its going to be into July before I can get another test sorted out to concide with my cycles. :S

I might give the AC a go once my blood tests are sorted out.
xx

Thanks hun, defo push for a lata date, with my ones I just go to the hospital with my little bag so I'm not going to tell my gp I'm just going to go!

Ill let you know if they recommend any thing at our appointment, maybe it could work for you too, not sure if it will affect your bloods though!

xxx

My GP has to fill out all the blood forms and the blood is done at my doctors. I'm thinking of popping in tomorrow with Hubster and seeing if she agrees with me that we need to do a few more tests rather than plucking a date out of thin air.
xx

Hey Girls....quick update. I've started to get a brown discharge (Sorry TMI) so I'm off to the dr's tonight and I'm taking DH with me cos he wants to ask a few more questions about having more blood tests to try and find my progesterone levels cos of my super long cycles.

I'll report back tomorrow :)
x

Hey duck, just wanted to say I'm also having blood tests it the mo. I've had messed up cycles, from 81 days to 47 days which was my last one. I'm having blood tests every 7 days until I get my period too catch ov. I've got some Angus castus sat in the cupboard, I dud take it for a week or 2 but decided to just wait a bit to see what my body did naturally and get blood tests done first. Considering going to see a herbalist if the docs won't help to regulate my cycles after my progesterone results show ovulation. I pretty much know I'm ovulating from my temperature chart but I think my temps are lower than normal so wondering if I have low progesterone too.

Are you temping? And what did your docs say?x

Last edited:
Hey duck, just wanted to say I'm also having blood tests it the mo. I've had messed up cycles, from 81 days to 47 days which was my last one. I'm having blood tests every 7 days until I get my period too catch ov. I've got some Angus castus sat in the cupboard, I dud take it for a week or 2 but decided to just wait a bit to see what my body did naturally and get blood tests done first. Considering going to see a herbalist if the docs won't help to regulate my cycles after my progesterone results show ovulation. I pretty much know I'm ovulating from my temperature chart but I think my temps are lower than normal so wondering if I have low progesterone too.

Are you temping? And what did your docs say?x

Hey you!
I'm not temping, wouldn't have a clue where to start with that. I'm sure it's something that I might have to get into at some point. I'm not sure about temps being connected to Low Progesterone....Maybe its worth having a word with your dr?

Docs given me the go ahead to have few more tests so phew....just hoping I dont get my AF now!!

My dr also said if the three tests come back inconclusive she's refering me straight to the fertility department at the hospital so least I know something will get done :) She's a great Dr I really feel like shes on my side :)

I might try the angus Castus next month :)
x

Wow your doc sounds great!!!

My cycles are all over the place and apart from doing the blood tests to see 'if' I'm ovulating my doc didn't seem concerned about the cycle length! :( I'm now on CD 34 and I haven't ov'd yet. Got my 3rd blood test tomorrow.

What CD are you on now and how long you been trying?

Wow your doc sounds great!!!

My cycles are all over the place and apart from doing the blood tests to see 'if' I'm ovulating my doc didn't seem concerned about the cycle length! :( I'm now on CD 34 and I haven't ov'd yet. Got my 3rd blood test tomorrow.

What CD are you on now and how long you been trying?

Hey TimTam,

Oh dear, Did have to go back and query my dr with the date of the first progesterone test and if I needed another couple of blood test to determine where I'm ov'ing. Is there another dr that you could see???

I was on CD25 on saturday but the witch has shown her ugly face so now I'm not sure whether I need to go for the other two organised blood tests or if in fact if the last blood test would have shown anything :S

We've been trying since Sept 2010 with two miscarriages. How long have you been trying??
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back