Not sure what to do. Blood results back.

MissJuly10

Reaction score
I'm currently CD 23 and waiting for AF to show before I can have my HSG re booked. I'm feeling impatient and in my head, I know I shouldn't do what I'm about to ask advice for but hey.

Agnus Castus to bring on AF?

I saw my GP this morning who wouldn't give me anything to speed up AF, I asked her a few times, explained the situation and she refused. :shakehead:

I also had my blood results back and she said yet again, they are all normal, LH, FSH, progesterone , immunity, prolactin and a few others I can't remember, all normal.

I really, really don't fancy waiting 100 days or more for my AF to show up, I just want to have the next test done and get cracking.

I know that I should just wait it out, I don't want to enhance or change anything in my cycle that wouldn't normally be there or whatever but the thought of not doing anything for the next few months is irritating me.

Somebody slap me.

:(

x x

Hi hon

There was a post in TTC about how good AC is. Why don't you have look on there? It was done last week and went into about 3 pages. The majority of girls who took all said it brough on their AF or helped regulate their cycles. I cannot say as I am not on it, bit I think you will find the thread interesting.

I can totally see why you do not want to wait that long and I dont think you need slap. I feel like all I do is wait wait bloody wait for everything. It is so bloody frustrating this TTC.

Let me know what you think of the thread.

The other thing... On my hycosy form (which is the same sort of test as HSG as it pushes dye through your tubes) it says that for girls who have irregular periods you an book it any day after CD7 and for girls who have no periods you can induce a bleed with Norethisterone the book once the bleedding has stoped. Do you want me to e-mail you the form so you can see?? I am just thinking that you want to get on with the test to check your tubes so it might be worth booking a hycosy privately so you don't have to wait. It is just a suggestion.

Love Gizzy xxx

Ps is it good to know your bloods are all fine though :)

I've tried Agnus Castus before and to be honest, it didn't really help, I still had a long cycle while on it.

I did ask the GP about Provera etc and she just said no. The lady who was supposed to do my HSG refused to do it because I was CD14 and she said I was at risk of being pregnant. :wall:

x x

My advice would be to book a private HSG and then you won't have to wait.

xx

I have some norethisterone that you can have but will need to look into how it works to make sure it won't be causing you more problems than solving.

What cd are you now? Are you using OPKs?

Hi hun,they gave me norethisterone because I had the same situation, can you phone the clinic?

Maybe - Would it even give us the best results if it's done in the middle of my cycle? x

Louise - I did an OPK the other day and got an ok-ish line on it. I'll try again today but I've not been using them regularly cos they're such a pain in the arse for me. :rolleyes: I'm CD23 today. x

Hi hun,they gave me norethisterone because I had the same situation, can you phone the clinic?

I told DH to do this but he refused and said they wouldn't give me anything. :rolleyes:

x x

Well, you can have the norethisterone if you want it just send me your address xx

Would it be alright to take? I've just texted DH and told him to call the consultant and ask anyway, if he says no then we're in the same position, if he agrees then that's fab.

x x

They only like to do it before OV so you're less likely to be preggers, why don't the thickos realize that with 100+ day cycles you are highly likely not OVing so not likely pregnant.

It doesn't matter too much when you have it as long as you're not pregnant.

I would be complaining to the department manager at the hospital if I were you!!

xx

Definitely ask your consultant about getting it first and see what your hubby thinks. It's upto you :)

Maybe - That's exactly what I told the radiologist! I told her about my cycle length, how long we'd been trying etc and she said I could be pregnant as "the egg can fertilise by day 13". I wanted to throttle the woman!

If my body released eggs by day 13, my cycles wouldn't be so fecking long. She point blank refused to do the HSG saying she didn't want to be responsible for ruining a potential pregnancy. Even though I'd also POAS for her and it was negative. :rolleyes:

x x

Louise - I've told him to call the consultant but as he's at work he prob won't be able to til tonight.

x

Girl, call your consultant and tell him/her you dont want to wait another 90 days. If your cycles are like mine were, what's the point? AF came only with progesterone for me.

I totally agree. :) DH just thinks it'll be a waste and that they won't want to give me anything. x

Last edited:
Take charge and phone them yourself Miss J and get assertive I would not take no for an answer!!

xx

I can't cos I can't use the phone, I'm slightly deaf. :rofl: DH acts as my ears! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back