Wish me luck for thursday - gettin blood test results

x Naomi x

Reaction score
I mentioned afew weeks ago about having 8 tubes of blood taken for the triple test and also to check for a blood disorder that my aunt and cousin both have

I go for the test results thursday i have everything crossed that is negative the condition is called activated protein C defiency, i dont know an awful lot about it but the consultant did say it can cause problems later on in pregnany, i darent google it yet though!

Do you think they will have my triple test results back? they did them all at the same time- 16 weeks

Good luck hun. Is it possible you would have heard something by now? I think they like to let you know if there may be a problem pretty much straight away. Fingers crossed for you xx

No the consultant said to make the appointment two weeks after the test and they would go through the results with me whatever the outcome, cant even say no news is good news at the minute! I dont think i have it as i have had none of the problems that my relatives have had but i think they just want to make sure

we get blood tests taken tomorrow, if theres a problem when do they get in contact is it quite quickly? Really worried that there might be something wrong.

I think if its the routine tests you are having for downs etc they would contact you fairly quickly, my midwife told me if the results are in a normal range, you get sent a letter if not the midwife comes ands see you but that may differ depending on what area you are in

Good luck :hug: I had the test for protein C deficiency and other clotting tests and they took 6 weeks to come back :roll: So 2 weeks is good, hopefully by Thurs you'll have everything sorted and can relax.

If the results did come back positive you'd just need to take heparin and it's great that they're testing cos this way they can avoid any problems xx

good luck with your results..I am sure everything will be fine ... :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back