RELAX AND ENJOY MATERNITY LEAVE....yeah right!!!!!

Valley Girl

Reaction score
This is my first week of maternity leave and so far I've had both my boys off school yesterday, then James sick in the night last night so he'll have to stay home again today.

I've got a stinking sore throat which I can't seem to shake off.

And even when kids are better I'll still have to be up at 7 to do the school run, get breakfast, pack lunches etc.

I'm finding it bloody exhausting given I only get to sleep in two hour chunks cos of my bladder and discomfort. Infact my tummy hurts when I get up cos it's just got so big now.

It makes me laugh when people say how hard it is with a new born.. TOUCH WOOD with my previous two I felt so relieved to have my body back that I felt like a new woman and I'm hoping for the same again. You may only get three hours kip at a time but they are three blissfull hours.. laying on my tummy with full bladder control!

Anyone else feeling the strain now? I'm an emotional, tired wreck :cry: :sleep: :bored:

:shock: Oh god, poor you :hug:

I feel almost like that and I have only 1 child, and am 33 weeks. Every day I dread being more pregnant.

I know it makes you feel no better but- not long now hun :hug:

Thank you :hug:

I am so excited! I can't wait to meet my baby. Fingers crossed all is well.

midna said:
sh*t Im lucky if I get 3 solid hours sleep a night alot of nights....infact I turn every at least 20 mins accompanied with shifting a heavy lump a snapping pelvis and dead hips haha...
My pelvis does that too. I feel like I came out of a cracker - very poor quality!!!

I'm finding that I am more tired at the moment. I still have to do the school run, clean and tidy etc...

That's the problem with being a second/third/so on time mum...Just because you are pregnant doesn't mean that the work gets any easier. Admitadely I had to get my mum to take my DD to school today.... I had had barely an hours sleep because it felt like someone had stuck a knife into my belly and pelvis.. I couldn't shake off the pain... moving around never made it better, getting up and walking about seemed to dull it abit, but otherwise it was just pure agony, all night.

So I went back to bed after DD had gone, but I still didn't sleep much because of the typical bathroom runs, heart burn and pain in my side. :roll:

Having a baby is soooo much easier... I remember that from last time. DD was a terrible sleeper as she was such a hungry baby, but OMG was it easier than getting no sleep being pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back